Author Topic: Hotels.com / .con  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Hotels.com / .con
« on: July 18, 2020, 14:40:32 PM »
Sooo we had a night booked at Jiva for May this year via Hotels.com /con obvs didn’t go ahead due to Covid.
Anyway we accepted a code from Hotels.com and have to use at same property so I have been looking today, long story short on their website it’s more or less same price as we paid for this year but when you go to their app it’s £55 more!
Now when I try and book on their website it says u can’t input any codes on this booking so back to the app and it is defo still showing as £55 more to pay!
After spending about 40 mins on their live chat with various agents not one of them will give me a straight answer as to the price difference...I can’t believe they are allowed to do this it’s such a con as in they get to keep your original payment and get nearly the same amount re room rate again!
I have read on here the Easyjet refunds thread and wonder if I can do that section 75 thingy and just get a full refund to my card then rebook at the non rip off price.
Has anyone else encountered the same thing if you’ve tried to rebook for next year?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Hotels.com / .con
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 15:01:35 PM »
If your original payment was over £100, go for Section 75.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases/

Offline Steve A

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 15:26:11 PM »
You are entitled to a refund

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 15:38:09 PM »
Do you know I looked up the section 75 thing as never used it and I only paid £74 for the booking,
I have just spent half an hour on the phone to Hotels.com to be fed a complete load of lies, it is all a big con as in u can’t rebook on the website so pay the overinflated price on the app!
He said I’m not entitled to a refund so I’m going to contact the financial Ombudsman Service it’s now about the principal.

Thanks tho for the replies much appreciated

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf