Author Topic: Post Office travel insurance  (Read 2387 times)

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
Post Office travel insurance
« on: August 02, 2020, 13:51:01 PM »
I have just had a reasonable quote for my mom with pre existing conditions with the post office.
Has anyone used them?
I would appreciate any feed back goid or bad thank you.

Offline joseph

Re: Post Office travel insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 09:02:32 AM »
Post-office are one of the best travel insurance around

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 10:30:58 AM »
Iv never used Post office so can’t give any input, have just taken out a new policy with Stay Sure and declared X3 existing health conditions, annual policy I think was £97 for 15 months ( they have an offer on at the mo for an extra 3 months for price of 12) tho have no clue what they be like if needed to claim.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 16:25:52 PM »
I have a couple of different insurance policies with the Post Office and have renewed them over the years. Just taken another travel one out for hubby as our bank insurance has stopped covering him because of his age. Spent ages comparing and the P.O still came out tops for value for an annual multi trip (including winter sports) in a like for like with other insurers.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 20:39:16 PM »
I know the question is about the PO but just to share our experiences. I have a pre existing condition (not an issue in life but has to be declared) and now get insurance through work which covers everything (pre-existing or not) without actually asking what the condition was, which is great!

But a couple of years ago (before I joined this company) we finally went to Cuba - only 25 years after deciding we had to visit   :) - and the holiday wasn't cheap but the insurance was horrific!!! Mainly due to the pre-existing condition.

I searched for ages and found a substantially cheaper quote with https://www.travelinsurance4medical.co.uk/  - I'm talking several hundred quid cheaper for a family multi trip Worldwide including USA & Caribbean. The website name sounds a bit naff but the cover was good and they have a 5* Defaqto rating.

Luckily I never had the chance to see how good they were when needed.  But I thought I would reply in case anyone is really worried by the quotes they are getting - it has to be worth trying these guys too.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 23:19:38 PM »
Thanks for the info folks
I think i've tried the one you have mention keith, but will look again.
👍

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 23:44:39 PM »
Your pre-existings must be different to mine   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf