Author Topic: Prescription Glasses  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Dennis Vint

Prescription Glasses
« on: September 08, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »
Has anyone had an English prescription for specs dispensed by an optician in Calis/Fethiye?  If so, are the lenses and frames of good quality and are they good value in comparison with English glasses?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Prescription Glasses
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 12:32:43 PM »
To be honest Dennis when I looked into this few years back I did not find them that cheap...tho they were cheap for repairs when twice I left a pair of glasses on the bed and sat on them lol!
For me personally I don’t think you can beat Glasses Direct in uk espec when they have the offer of x2 pair including postage for £16...lovely glasses and lots of choice   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 13:02:01 PM »
Many years ago there were some real bargains to be had on prescription glasses in Turkey. That's no longer the case.

Glasses 2 You are also very good and nowhere near as expensive as Specsavers or similar.

https://www.glasses2you.co.uk/

For example, Specsavers quoted me almost £250 for glasses that I eventually got from G2Y for around £35. Delivery took 4 days and Specsavers were quoting upto 10 days.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 17:44:36 PM »
Last year I got permanent tinted, polarised sunglasses made to my UK varifocal prescription at a cost of £140. This year following an eye test on 5th August back in UK I got a pair of stylish frameless glasses, again varifocal and variations lenses for £325. Just before coming away I got similar from Boots, although half frame, costing £500. (After my Boots OAP 20% discount) The Boots ones are Karl Zeiss lenses and the Turkish ones Nikon. The Turkish ones are lighter, more comfortable and at least as good in meeting the prescription. Both Turkish ones were bought at DUNYA OPTIK opposite Ali's bar in Calis who I cannot fault

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 18:23:57 PM »
Karennina,KKOB and kenkay
Many thanks for your informative and helpful replies.    :)  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf