Author Topic: new to calis  (Read 1050 times)

Offline kevinc250

• Newly Registered
new to calis
« on: June 22, 2022, 18:42:24 PM »
hi all, we've tried to get to calis but, bless covid put pay to all that now, finally we are due to fly early july and its our first time in calis having previously stayed in ovacick and the dreaded hisonaru.
lots of questions to ask if we could, and thank you beforehand for your comments.
we are staying at the oyken hope its a nice hotel we are not comftable in fancy five star places just as long as its clean and friendly we are fine.also we do like to bring gifts for the staff and tip along the way, we were thinking maybe toblerones or shortbread what would you guys/girls suggest?
when we arrive we will really need a manicure and pedicure and hair cuts both myself and amanda my wife so, if anyone has any reccomendations that'll be great
on our first day we always pamper ourselves, we are on holiday after all.
next up is lokantasi's, we do plan on eating at these a lot-never tried one(hisonaru is all steak n chips, nice but i can get that at home) but will soon, which are the better ones? its just that we are not that keen on eating food that the tourists would eat i'd rather eat turkish street or cafe food.
thats all i can think of at the moment.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: new to calis
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 21:12:19 PM »
Hi Kevin
 The Oykun is a good hotel and we stayed there many years ago and are returning in September.
 Gunlukbasi is where you will find some good locantasis.
 I’m sure you will enjoy Calis 😎 Badger

Offline Steve A

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 00:58:20 AM »
Oykun is a nice hotel and really well located so good luck,get yourself out and about and you will love it 🥰

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 09:47:54 AM »

Just for the record Kev Hisaronu has several Lokanta's and other places selling Turkish meals at good prices.    :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf