Author Topic: Good Samaritan needed-Are u flying back to the UK via Istanbul Ataturk Airport?  (Read 3394 times)

Offline posleeds

Hi there
It's been ages since I posted on this forum - but I know it's power & I'm hoping someone can help   :)
My husband lost his mobile somewhere in transit between the flight from Dalaman to Istanbul Ataturk Airport approx 10 days ago.
We retraced our steps, contacted the Turkish Airlines lost & found and the Airport lost and found all to no avail - almost missing our connecting flight due to this!
Hubby has been gutted - all the photos of his late Dad were on the phone - irreplaceable  :(
After numerous phone calls and giving it up for gone it has miraculously turned up at the Turkish Airlines lost property office at the airport (it was found on the plane).
We are in the UK - the Airline will not post to us even if we reimburse them and collection must be made withing 28 days otherwise lost property is sold off by the government.
Is there any kind soul out there who is travelling through Ataturk airport in the next week or so who would be able to collect this and bring it back to the UK where I can arrange collection?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and hoping someone may be able to help.

Offline Lotty

Wow that's incredible that they found it and handed it in! Brings back memories, I left mine on a Monarch flight to Luton 5 years ago and it was a nightmare! I was paying for calls to Senegal and even though I'd reported it missing immediately they (Orange) insisted it was me!!  Nasty business.
Great news for you I hope you find someone to collect it for you.  :)

Offline posleeds

Thanks Lottie
I've been e-mailing Turkish Airlines in the hope they can do something.
The phone is irrelevant - it's a very old model - it's the photo's of his late Dad he is gutted at losing.
Fingers crossed we can get it back.

Offline amca

I sent you email via the Forum.

Offline posleeds

Just seen it Amca - have responded by private message - thank you   :)

Offline amca

There may have been hiccup with personal emails from you to me and so, just in case,  ........ I fly out tomorrow, Sunday.

If you are wanting your item retrieved then let me know soon.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How odd. Probably not the best choice of section to post this for getting a positive response/outcome.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf