Author Topic: Unexpected Visit.  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Bright Eyes

Unexpected Visit.
« on: February 01, 2010, 17:33:49 PM »
My Mum and a friend went up to the animal shelter one morning unexpectedly, it was a very wet morning but as they were passing thought they would pop in. They were happy to see that all the puppies had been taken into the staff area in the warm. The enclosed area for the bigger dogs was open so they could take shelter and there was plenty of food available to all the animals. Although they wasn't expecting visitors the staff made my Mum feel welcome. I'd often wondered what they did with the dogs and pups on bad days so was relieved when Mum told me about her trip.

Also on another occassion there was a lady visiting who worked for the R.S.P.C.A in the U.K. She was pleasantly surprised how well the dogs and cats were looked after. She said that even in the U.K they are having problems with funding now.

My Mum and I both think that all the work, time and effort that the Animal Aid Charity put in is wonderful and not forgetting the staff at the home. We look forward to seeing you Thursday. :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Unexpected Visit.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »
Thank you very much for those kind words Joanne, there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes every day and I dont think people realise what hard work it is, with dogs coming in and going out everyday it is neverending and the amount of phone calls and e mails we get to rescue this that and the other is astounding at times, we find ourselves up there most days.

On top of that we have arrange fund raising nights and have to go to all of them:P,it's not easy you know:D

Thanks again Joanne and everybody else that has supported us thus far ;)

The A Team

Offline Pi55y

Unexpected Visit.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:22:12 AM »
Just want to say how impressed we are with the animal shelter. Pete and I went up there yesterday to take a lovely young part kangol cross that had decided to take up residence on our walkway for the last 4 days.  When we got there we were met by Perihan who gave us a guided tour of the centre and we were even able to see into the operating theatre where a young male cat was being "attended to".

The animals look really well cared for and it is great that the big dogs have the freedom to roam in their big wooded compound. We loved the cat house as well with all their toys and climbing objects.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf