Author Topic: float for the dolphins at the carnival????  (Read 1749 times)

Offline crystalgirl

float for the dolphins at the carnival????
« on: April 13, 2010, 16:56:59 PM »
I dont know if this is a stupid idea or not!
But, as several of you know they want to open a dolphin park in oludeniz, which is way to small for 2 dolphins-and dolphinariums are actually illegal in EU countries as it cuases Dolphins a lot of stress.  A lot people would like to see this not happen, but I think the more people that are aware this the less likely this is to happen, and I was wondering if a float in the carnival might be a good way of getting peoples attension to this.  I was thinking a very friendly dolphin float of course.  What do people think about this, would they like to be involved, and especially how would the Calis carnival people feel about this.  If this is a popular idea, I'm afaird I am not a leader, but I would definately be a helper, and be part of it all on the day too.  Apolgises if you all think I lossing the plot!!!!

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 21:35:51 PM »
If you walk down the back road in Ovacik to Hisaronu there is a huge great model of a whale leaning up against a wall. I think it used to be outside the Orka Hotel!Maybe they would let you have that for the float!!!We locals call it Willy. :D What happened to the dolphin models that used to be at the roundabout in Calis?:D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 21:38:53 PM by Daffodil »

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 22:37:12 PM »
My first reaction was it might encourage people to visit...almost an advert.

Then again if this venture is shelved it could be a celebration of that victory.
Crysyalgirl... It is definately NOT  the thinking of someone who has lost the plot.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »
I am against the plans for the dolphin park as much as anyone.
 I do personally have reservations about using the Calis Carnival as a voice to influence local politics and decisions. The one thing I have learn't this year being on the Committee is we have to be very careful with everything we plan, nothing can be seen to be political.
 The Carnival is a fun day out for local people and holidaymakers while, raising funds for local disadvantaged children. The theme for the floats and the Carnival week is "One World"

I must stress this is my personal opinion and not that of the Calis Carnival Committee; we will have a meeting next week where this can be discussed
Mark

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
Crystalgirl, If you were to download the information pack and parade entry form and guidelines for entering the Calis Carnival (see our website www.caliscarnival.com) or exhibiting in the exhibition on Carnival day, you will see that we are unable to accept entries that are either political or overtly religious.  I am afraid that opposing the dolphinarium would fall into this category and would therefore not be allowed.

As Mark has said the carnival is a fun day out and it does not get involved in any issues of this nature.

Again this is the overall policy of the Calis Carnival, This does not mean that our individual members may or may not have a view about the dolphinarium. However that would be their own personal view as an individual and does not reflect any view of the Carnival committee.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »
Daffodil, dolphins last spotted in September last year broken & bashed beside taxi rank at same junction. :( Never did see the roundabout in its glory but can't imagine why it got wrecked.
(dolphins???????? still on topic LOL)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf