Author Topic: Kangol puppy  (Read 4435 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kangol puppy
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 23:07:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dempava

Good news!A British couple near by have adopted her. They already have a dog and having been toying with the idea of getting her a playmate so were delighted when they say this little lady. A happy ending this time.

great, so pleased to hear this :D

Offline june

Kangol puppy
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 08:43:33 AM »
Yes that's fantastic news, so few end in such a nice way so lovely to hear.

You were kind taking the little sweetie in Dave and of thinking of hiring a car to get her to the santuary, lucky it was not needed.  
June
x

Offline Old Daffodil

Kangol puppy
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 12:08:50 PM »
Our little sweetie Kangal now weighs in at about 56 kilos!:D:D

Offline june

Kangol puppy
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »
I am getting confused here Gloria!.....I assume that you do mean the Kangal in question as you are living in France are you not?...or have I really lost the plot!![?] :)

Offline Old Daffodil

Kangol puppy
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 13:28:51 PM »
We have a Kangal cross puppy and yes we are in France.We were  assured by the vet that as he is a crossbreed we are allowed to take him out of Turkey and have that in writing along with export papers which been scrutinised by both the Turkish and Greek border authorities. He has black eyeliner rather than the full black mask.

We too adopted him or rather he adopted us when he was left to live in a ditch not far from our house in Turkey. He did not appear to have been treated cruelly but was underweight.

We have found that he responds well to a routine and needs a good long walk to use up his energy.He is very independant minded and can only be trained by kindness and rewards but I think that is so with all dogs. He shakes hands and is very good with children but I am always aware that his jaws can crush straight through the biggest bones which I give him. When my year old grandson was stroking him he would lay on his back to make it easier for my grandson to stroke him. He was very protective of my grandchildren when they visited.We have him living outside and he makes a good guard dog because of his appearance and alertness.We are living in a part of France that has huge forests and fields which he is able to romp about in and have plenty of exercise without bothering anyone. We then put him on a chain once in the garden for his own safety really as French laws are very strict and the laws carried out concerning stray dogs.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 14:02:24 PM by Daffodil »

Offline june

Kangol puppy
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 16:43:45 PM »
Sounds like he has a great life with you in france....lucky boy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf