Author Topic: Ovacik/Hisaronu  (Read 2822 times)

Offline brianthegardener

Ovacik/Hisaronu
« on: September 21, 2010, 19:30:28 PM »
last year two of the "stars" of the carnival entertainment were guys from Ovacik/Hisaronu...will any of the money raised this year be coming to the Ovacik/Hisaronu area...the "local" school would appreciate some help im sure.!!!....was any of the money raised last year given this way??..thank you for a reply.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 20:39:46 PM »
Any school or organisation involved with children in the area can apply for funding, for various projects. Please visit our website to see where money in previous years was spent.
Of course the musicians and singers from Wales, Nottingham, Istanbul, Antalya and many more places, who all gave there time for free, will not be eligible for funding projects in their area.

http://www.caliscarnival.com/

Mark

Offline brianthegardener

Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 21:15:25 PM »
thanks Mark for your reply...but as others like me in this area,Ovacik/Hisaronu area would be more happy if some of the money came "up the hill"...of course we/i wouldnt expect some of the money raised go towards other areas outside the Calis/Fethiye area..but then i guess the Calis Carnival Commitee wouldnt be happy if we didnt support your events...which we do.

Offline hubblebubble

Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 21:23:30 PM »
Brian I am a little surprised by your tone - There is a tremendous need for assistance in many places and I have rarely seen such clear and professional published acccounts from a local charity.
I am sure the Carnival would be willing to consider any worthwhile projects brought to their attention, but is having a pop really the right way to go about getting the help you feel is needed?

Offline brianthegardener

Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 21:38:45 PM »
im not having a pop...if it looks that way sorry..its not meant to...just think that maybe some money could come "up the hoill" thats all...we all want and support the comittee.

Offline Firo

Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 22:02:43 PM »
There are lots of areas, outside Calis, which support the carnival Fethiye, Ovacik, Hisaranu, Uzumlu, Ciflik etc etc. I'm sure the committee use the funds raised where it is most needed rather than geographical location.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 01:01:03 AM »
Here is the link to the 2009 Annual Report - lots of excellent projects supported - see page 15 onwards.

http://www.caliscarnival.com/images/forms/CALIS_CARNIVAL__2009_ANNUAL_REPORT_020410.pdf

There is a box advert coming soon on the Home page - bottom left hand corner it says

"Our 2009 carnival funds have now been allocated but if you have a good cause you would like supported in 2010 please click here for more information".

This seems to be the way people will be able to apply for funding for a good project where ever they are...

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 09:08:06 AM »
Thank you Nichola for your posting above. We can't help if we aren't asked but please remember it will only be donated to CHILDREN in need of help. Schools come in to that category. We also help out families in the very poor encampments around here with clothes etc. but that won't be listed on there. We mostly have requests from schools but if anyone knows of individual families in genuine need then we will also look at that. We would ask everyone to remember that this is a newish charity and whilst we do our best we don't have unlimited funds. In Brian's defense he is a lovely guy and would never wish to cause offence because I know him. Remember if you dont ask you dont get. We don't come to you. You have to come to us. ALL THE MONEY RAISED GOES TO KIDS. Anne x
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:08:52 AM by mercury »

Offline Pi55y

Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 22:09:33 PM »
Hi Brian, as Anne (Mercury), Nicola, Hubblebubbles and Mark have already pointed out, schools and other children's organisations who need assistance need to put in a written application to the Carnival Committee.  This can either be through our website www.caliscarnival.com (e-mail info@caliscarnival.com)or through FETAV manager Dilek Dincer at Fethiye Belediye.  

All applications will be considered and those considered most needy will be assisted.  As you must be aware our funds are limited and we hope to utilise them to the best benefit of the local children.  For the record, we did actually assist "up the hill" from the money raised from the first carnival, when we purchased much needed playground equipment for Faralya village school. Also we fund bursaries for students to university and equipment for students and children's organisations which incorporate children from your area.  A full breakdown of where every lira raised has been spent can be found in our annual reports which can be viewed and downloaded from our website both in English and Turkish.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 22:19:52 PM »
Hi Brian Thanks very much for your e.mail. I know that your posting wasn't intending to have a "pop" as you put it. Hope my e.mail back to you was helpful. If I can be of any help write to me again. Look forward to hearing from Minimoo.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf