Author Topic: Ovacik/Hisaronu  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 22:43:06 PM »
I read somewhere on the Forum that Hisaronu are having a Carnival the same time as the Calis Carnival.  Is the Hisaronu Carnival run on the same lines as the Calis Carnival i.e. money raised going to charity?

Offline Old Daffodil

Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 07:40:22 AM »
I did not see anyone collecting money at the Hisaronu Carnival.The carnival seemed to be an occasion when the families of children were able to watch the gymnastics team, motorbike team and dress in traditonal clothes to parade along the street. In fact the motorbike team were performing stunts next to the little girls doing gymnastics,terrifying!I think that the concert in the evening is paid for by the Belediye and/or local businesses.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:40:53 AM by Daffodil »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Ovacik/Hisaronu
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »
No Jackie.  Our is set up as a charity. Completely different from Hisaronu. The Bars and businesses all give a contribution to pay for the concert and the Belidiye sort it all out. I think that is the case anyway. Incedently we had collecting buckets but not 1 of the bars during the parade put anything in them despite being choc full. However we have lots of bars that help us out with various things and to them we are very very grateful.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf