Author Topic: A Cristmas Wish.  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Baznshir

A Cristmas Wish.
« on: December 14, 2010, 19:03:27 PM »
To all the guys and guyesess involved with the hard working Calis carnival team. We hope that you have a fantastic Christmas and a new year that tops all the  rest. We hope 2011 is something to write home about. Our best wishes. Barrie and Shirley. (baznshir).

Offline Beep

A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 21:02:11 PM »
Hi Barrie and Shirley. Many thanks for your seasonal wishes and may I on behalf of everyone in the Calis Children's Charity team wish you and all Forum members the very best for Christmas and may 2011 bring us all good health and a super year. Rod.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 21:16:02 PM »
Thanks for your good wishes.
Some of us have been today to order lots of toys, both fun and educational new white boards new books and stationary, tables and chairs for the children to have lunch on, things we always took for granted in English schools, these are for Seki school which we visited a few weeks ago. We have visits lined up for other schools and establishments involved with children who have asked for help. We are currently purchasing 4 projectors as teaching aides for schools.
One school as asked for a computer, which has ben very kindly donated by Cenk and Olga at Interturk Estates.
When all the money has been allocated from this years Carnival fund we publish photo's on the Carnival Website.
Thanks to everyone who has made it possible for us to do a little to help.
Mark
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 21:17:38 PM by karaokemark »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 09:37:31 AM »
The visit to Seki school would have upset a lot of people. It is the type of school that we used to have in England way more than half a century ago.. We should also thank Mavis from Embrace who came with us yesterday and on the visit to Seki to see how they could help. It is nice that we can all work together. It is always nice to get msgs. from people who continue to support us in what we do. So a Happy Xmas and a Happy New Year to everyone who has helped in ANY way this year. Hopefully our Childrens Charity will go from strength to strength with your help of course.:D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:42:17 AM by mercury »

Offline sunlover

A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:22:20 AM »
Hi Barrie,

It,s people like you that donate such beautifull paintings that help to raise money for the children and people in Calis and surrounding areas....keep up the good work...

everynight when i walk up my stairs i look at the beautifull sunset painting that you donated this year and i fortunately got to buy, with the donation helping the children, also the 3 bags of glasses i took for Mavis for the people there, it,s humbling to help..

sunlover

Offline Baznshir

A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 12:06:15 PM »
Hi Carole, it is nice to hear from someone who gets some pleasure from one of my paintings. I have only done two for next year beacause I think that I over did it a bit last year. Shirley has sorted some stuff out though and hopefully, between us, we can put a few more bob into the till. Last year, we didn't do too bad as we bought the trip to Pamukale as well. Know what you mean about the specs, we also brought a few pairs out. Baznshir.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 17:10:30 PM »
Chrissie showed us some of your latest donations for our auction Barrie. We are blown away with your kindness.

Offline Baznshir

A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 19:41:16 PM »
Thank you for those kind words Anne and I hope that punters are as generous with their cash as you are with you praise. Would I be right in assuming that you are the Anne that worked like a donkey during the concert? If you are, then our efforts pale into insignificanse at the side of what you lot do. We come out there in time for the carnival and enjoy the fruits of your labours. In my opinion, the ends justify the means.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 10:40:32 AM »
Yes that was me..but not without the help of lots of others. My friend Nigel for one..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:45:12 AM by mercury »

Offline Pi55y

A Cristmas Wish.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »
Hi Barry and Shirley, Sunlover and all of our other great supporters, Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks for all of your help, generosity and support throughout the year. We could not achieve anything without you.

We hope that 2011 will be a great New Year for you all as well as a successful fundraising year for the new Calis Children's Charity and we look forward to seeing you when you are out in Calis next.

We would also like to wish a very merry Christmas and a great New Year to our hardworking committee members who are a really great group of people who have become lovely friends.

Love Chrissie and Pete xxx (from snowy UK)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf