Author Topic: Home needed for lovely stray cat - photos!  (Read 2081 times)

Offline bunny4jeff

Home needed for lovely stray cat - photos!
« on: January 05, 2012, 14:04:22 PM »
We have been away over Christmas and New Year, and returned to find a lovely friendly male tom cat had taken up residence in our covered patio, sleeping on the chairs. He is silver tabby and white, about a year or maybe two old. Looks like he has had a home, but he is hungry so we fed him. He is around our place most of the time now, and is trying to make friends with our 2 cats, who are most unappreciative :-). We are in the Gunlukbasi area, does anyone recognise him? Or can any kind person give him a home? He looks healthy, clean and is very friendly, and no collar. If his owners do not turn up, we will have to take him to the Animal Aid shelter, as we are leaving Turkey before the end of the month. He would make a lovely pet as he is a very nice boy. here are a few photos if you recognise him, or want to give him a home...we would have him if we were staying, as he is so lovely. Contact us if you can help him or call 6133825.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 14:00:45 PM by bunny4jeff »

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Sorry, Scunner, I have tried to resize in Photobucket but obviously no success...:-/

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 13:28:54 PM »
Leave a line space between pics ;)

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 14:01:40 PM »
Thanks for the tip Andy!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 15:25:53 PM »
He certainly is a gorgeous boy, he looks far too healthy, clean and well fed to be a street cat :)

Offline grizabella

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 15:40:07 PM »
He's gorgeous!Unfortunately I have 4 cats now due to an abandonned tabby in my complex.She's taken up residence and havent the heart to ignore her.I'm hoping my cats will gradually accept her so that she can come into the house.At present I have rigged her a shelter under my covered patio furniture and put some blankets there.Off into Fethiye as soon as this weather abates to get her a warm 'igloo' type cat bed.Good luck with getting a home for your moggy.

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 15:45:13 PM »
Yes, he does...and he's very friendly. But he has been living in our patio for more than a week, now, and not been neutered. It may be that he is owned by someone who doesn't take as much care of him as others would, ie. he gets fed sometimes, but no vet attention or identity tagging. Its difficult to know if he does belong to someone, but I think he would have gone back home after a few days. We didn't start feeding him till after a week, when he was still sheltering in our patio, so I doubt he has a permanent home. Some street cats get very tame as they realise that's how to get fed. This is another reason I posted photos; in case someone recognises him. Failing that, or a home being offered for him, we will just have to leave him when we go, which I don't like doing.
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

He certainly is a gorgeous boy, he looks far too healthy, clean and well fed to be a street cat :)

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 15:47:52 PM »
Thanks, grizabella! Best of luck with your little girl, too!
quote:
Originally posted by grizabella

He's gorgeous!Unfortunately I have 4 cats now due to an abandonned tabby in my complex.She's taken up residence and havent the heart to ignore her.I'm hoping my cats will gradually accept her so that she can come into the house.At present I have rigged her a shelter under my covered patio furniture and put some blankets there.Off into Fethiye as soon as this weather abates to get her a warm 'igloo' type cat bed.Good luck with getting a home for your moggy.

Offline bunny4jeff

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
This kitty is now at the Animal Aid Centre, if anyone wants to claim him, or give him a home. He is just gorgeous, you wouldn't be sorry..!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf