Author Topic: neuter and not return to same area  (Read 1994 times)

Offline busybee

neuter and not return to same area
« on: April 15, 2012, 21:28:26 PM »
Soooooooooooo bloody upset, we havent seen our street dog Spot for 4 wks now and we presumed she had gone off to die. Just found out she was rounded up with 67 other dogs from Calis and taken up the sanctuary for neutering. She was neutered as a puppy 10 years ago........We have been told by a Turkish person who went to the sanctuary and enquired on our behalf that they were released in Hisarano...u because of complaints. And dogs from other areas have been released here. What a senseless cruel thing to do and we desparately want our 'Spot' back. We have loved her, fed her, given her vetinary treatment, given her shelter in our home when there are storms because she is absolutely terrified, we have rescued her from Turkish people trying to take her away and tie her up for a guard dog and much more. Will post a photo of her as soon as my lap top is back from the hospital. For now she is medium size, black and white large spots, eyes which are bloodshot. She is the softest, gentlest dog ever and and even tho she is in mature years still likes to chase a car now and again. She has only recently got over a leg/paw injury which she had antiobiotics and an injection, so may have a limp. WE WANT HER BACK SO PLEASE IF ANYONE SEES A DOG OF THIS DESCRIPTION IN THE HISARANOU OR SURROUNDING AREA PLEASE EMAIL ME. Many Thanks

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 21:35:52 PM »
Our big friendly street dog is on the missing list too. Maybe the same has happened to him? I noticed he had gone a couple of weeks back, and thought that he might have been rounded up (shame they missed the owned dogs that are loose everywhere!)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 21:38:29 PM »
Why have you put this story on here without checking the facts out with us first?

I have just spoken to Emre the vet and NO dogs go to Hisaronou! please give me the name of the Turkish person that told you this.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 21:45:42 PM »
They are rounding up private dogs and dogs with no tags! Barbaras dog was tagged so probably would not of been picked up anyway!

Offline busybee

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:34:52 AM »
I have emailed you Andy

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »
I was only saying that first the Belediye were meant to be stopping dogs roaming, getting them neutered and their owners fined, and then the vet was collecting for neutering. The area around me is still the same.

Offline busybee

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 15:37:21 PM »
I would like to retract part of my previous post. Neutered dogs from Calis HAVE NOT been taken to Hisaranou. I am in contact with Andy regarding this subject.  Please accept my apologies if I have misled anyone.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 16:42:15 PM »
This afternoon I went up to the Animal Shelter to talk with Emre about this very subject.

Emre explained to me how the system has been working so far, as the dogs were being collected for neutering notes had been taken of each dog, they only cover a small area at each time so when the dogs are returned they are never far from where they were picked up :) also from the last few days they are also using photographs, Emre showed me the pics, hopefully this will eleviate any problems with dogs not finding their way back to their own territory :)

I can understand people getting emotional over their street dogs as we do get attached :) but we now have a free diy neutering programme going on at the moment all you have to do is pick up your street dog/cat and take it to pet Life then take it home with you :) problem solved as they will be tagged ;)

I just need to stress no dogs are taken far from their original area, nothing is perfect but we are working hard to improve it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf