Author Topic: Donkeys at Kargi  (Read 3714 times)

Offline chinarepairs

Donkeys at Kargi
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »
On a visit to Kargi for breakfast on Wednesday we saw that they have a female donkey and her young foal.  They are in good condition and were out in the open but obviously there only to attract tourists.

Offline billy3107

Re: Donkeys at Kargi
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:34:04 AM »
Not again can,t see him looking after these after the last episode

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 13:41:39 PM »
We are aware of these and will keeping a close eye on them, bit late for the tourists

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 14:51:32 PM »
We feel Enver will look after the Donkeys. They have been part of the Family Farm and Restaurant for a long time now. We all do things wrong at some time. With the help of very caring people on here CBF. they will be fine. Good wishes to Enver and Family and the Donkeys. Alan & Pauline.   :)

Offline true blue

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 22:10:33 PM »
You seem to have more faith in this man than me.In my opinion be it right or wrong, the donkeys were used to attract visitors and as an advertising ploy.There is no doubting the quality of his breakfasts and the lovely setting,but I fear these donkeys will eventually go the same way as the last ones

Offline Fin

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 08:57:18 AM »
Well i do hope that Enver has learned from his errors and these present Donkeys will be looked after properly.

Offline chinarepairs

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
Thanks Tinkerman, good to know you are 'on the case'.
We saw the donkeys behind the museum, mum tied to something and 8 day old trying to feed from her. Later we watched as a man moved the donkeys to a place close to the underneath of the restaurant. He was pulling the donkey by her tether and caught the foals legs, it wasnt hurt.  My cousin was with us at the time and knowing something about horses checked the Mums hooves, said they need a bit of attention but overall she was in good condition, as is the foal.  Its very obvious they are only there to draw attention to the restaurant, and they really dont need to do it as the reputation of their breakfast is so good.

Offline bulla

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 14:32:10 PM »
Hi

I have heard a lot about this place in Kargi. How would you get there if travelling by Dolmus
would you have to ring & book or could you just drop in. Has anyone got any pictures

Thanks

Bulla

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 18:55:44 PM »
You can  get the Kargi dolmus from Fethyie, or the Gunlukbasi Road.  Ask the driver to let you off for the museum.  It's maybe a fifteen to twenty minute walk  slightly uphill from the drop off but worth it just for the brekkie

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 20:33:50 PM »
If you look on search engine under kargi supercabby posted a lot of pics on here 6 months ago

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf