Author Topic: Going for Gold  (Read 1836 times)

Offline busybee

Going for Gold
« on: January 21, 2013, 15:43:53 PM »
I have come up with an idea to raise a bit more money for the children.  We are starting a gold collection of scrap gold, odd earings, broken chains etc.  We will shortly have a donation box for this in the charity shop.  As Turkey will not scrap 9ct gold one of our committee members will take it back to the UK to sell.  So dig around in your jewellery boxes and if there is anything unwanted that you wish to donate we would be very grateful.

Offline Pi55y

Re: Going for Gold
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 17:47:56 PM »
Also for anyone in the UK who has any broken bits and pieces of jewellery or the odd earring etc that isn't worth the effort of cashing in at one of the gold exchange shops, we can provide you with a UK address to post these to.  It might not seem much but a lot of little unwanted  bits and pieces could equal a substantial amount of money towards our children's projects.  Please e-mail me for the address.

Thanks

Chrissie

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 18:40:59 PM »
I found a small broken gold chain at the bottom of my jewellery box today so the collection has started   :).

If anyone has any broken or unwanted bits of gold jewellery, no matter how small or broken, please drop them into our charity shop at the Eyna restaurant during opening hours (Mondays and Fridays 11.00 until 2.00 pm) or if you are in UK, please e-mail me and I will give you a postal address to send them to.  Every little bit helps.   Thanks   :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 18:45:36 PM »
We have had the promise of 2 gold teeth... Well we did say any gold bits.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 19:48:14 PM »
I had a gold crown removed last week and the dentist told me it was worthless as the % gold in the crown was very small.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 19:49:11 PM »
Do you remember Going for Gold with Henry Kelly? There used to be contestants from all over Europe and they had to win about 5000 rounds to get to the final.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 20:10:23 PM »
The dentist here has given them back and they have quite a bit in them. I wont be handling them though. lol

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf