Author Topic: You should be proud of AA  (Read 1593 times)

Offline catsrus

• Newly Registered
You should be proud of AA
« on: April 19, 2013, 19:15:15 PM »
I would just like to say how fantastic the animal aid sanctuary is, I have visited this on a couple of occasions when in Calis.

A few of us are trying to help at the Manavgat dogs home and the conditions there are truly horrific, far too many dogs penned together resulting in fights, animals taken from the streets and just put in with the dogs already there.   

When we went today they have made an outside area for the dogs but the pen in which the cats are in, is in this area resulting in stressed cats.

This place is run by a Turk who has no idea of how to treat animals, mess all over and dogs and cats with either no water or filthy water. 

I am sure all of the people of Calis appreciate the hard work Tinkerman and others do for the animals, I just wish people in my area could think more of the animals and less of themselves.

Offline moonfleet

Re: You should be proud of AA
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:36:51 AM »
But I thought the sanctuary is not part of Animal Aid. It's council run, but AA help with food etc.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 07:15:14 AM »

That is correct Moonfleet, the shelter is run by the Belediye. AA donate foodstuff's, some medical supplies and any other materials for the benefit of the animals that are there.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 07:59:58 AM »
Thank you for your kind words, we are indeed proud of the shelter in comparison with others across the country, but as the two previous posts state we do not run it just keep it supplied with anything they they need in the way of foodstuffs and medicines plus a alterations where we can help  :)  ;)

Offline catsrus

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Yes, I did realise it was council run and you raise funds for the shelter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf