Author Topic: Two dogs shot by Turk  (Read 2175 times)

Offline chinarepairs

Two dogs shot by Turk
« on: January 13, 2014, 17:40:29 PM »
A dreadful day in Turkey today. I and my 3 friends saw first hand a Turkish man shoot 2 beautiful Akbash dogs by a water stand on the Fethiye, Uzumlu road. The screams from the dogs was dreadful. An experience I will never forget. One dog died within minutes the other ran away with bullet wounds. The Jandarma did not care. Two passing Turkish men tried to help, but there was nothing they could do. AA telephone line not manned, so no help there. Another dog dead by the bin near Uzumlu, shot or run over we don't know. Another beautiful, well kept dog. What is happening? Why kill these wonderful dogs when they have recently been well kept and these type of dogs wouldn't hurt a fly!

Offline kyfno

• Newly Registered
Re: Two dogs shot by Turk
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 07:52:18 AM »
Talking to a Turkish friend recently and this subject came up.  He tells me that the Jandarma are very concerned that it appeared that the officers who attended did not care.  They do care and an arrest was made and the culprit will have to account for his actions.  They do have to remain impartial as law enforcement officers and let the system work.   In general the Jandarma in this area are doing an excellent job and the crime rate has dropped.   Their method of policing the area has influenced this.   The holiday season is starting shortly and with it the need for all of us to contribute to their efforts by being vigilant and advising our visitors to secure their valuables and property properly.   

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: Two dogs shot by Turk
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:54:45 PM »
 Another street dog has been found shot in the head today, she is at the vets with a pellet in her brain,
Sadly we know nothing about the culprit at the moment  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf