Author Topic: Importing your car to Turkey  (Read 4608 times)

Offline starman

Importing your car to Turkey
« on: October 28, 2006, 07:27:43 AM »
As of september 11th 2006, Turing has changed the way they estimate the deposit/bond against imported 'M' plated cars. It now is estimaated via age and cc where as before it was weight.
Bonds start from 3,000 YTL and go up to 100,000 YTL.
If you are thinking of importing your car (remember you must qualify for this) and want to know how much the bond is please contact me.

Offline Eric

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »
what are the qualifications for importing a car?

Offline starman

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 13:46:01 PM »
you must have a work permit, student, retiree or investigation permit. A touristic residence wont do.

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 15:27:04 PM »
We are retired but not state age retirees does that qualify or is it UK state age retirees only? When applying for residency we will be putting as profession retired..

Offline starman

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 18:19:20 PM »
You will need sealed retirement documents to satisfy the Turkish consulate. Check out there website for more details.
Also tell me what car you have and I can then tell you how much money you will have to leave with Turing. If you got this years Range rover then you are looking at paying 100,000 YTL to Turing (which they make the interest on not you)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 18:21:09 PM by starman »

Offline Eric

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 19:27:52 PM »
What's a sealed retirement document>
Car is a R reg Mazda 323 1.6 worth about £2k....

Offline starman

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 10:37:13 AM »
whats an R reg? is that mid 90's? Value has no relevance of the way Turing calculate the depoist. Anyway by what you told me you will have to put down 6,000 YTL deposit for that car to re-register it (if you qualify) which you will not get back (and earn no interest) untill you take the car back out of the country or sell it to another foreigner (who qualifies for blue plate) or dump it in customs. The deposit can be left in dollars or euros if you are worried about the lira losing value over the years.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 13:13:20 PM »
At last someone who may be able to answer my questions,I have two TVR,s both 1972/3 2500cc, one is in bits -- restoration project, I retire next year and my wife and I [bit posh eh] are coming over to live in our house in Calis,1st question how much to bring over the one thats a runner? 2nd question how could I get on bringing over the restoration job,could provide a fair bit of work for some of the local guy,s

Offline starman

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 05:25:30 AM »
if its under 2500cc then they would be 9,000 YTL each put on deposit. If its 2501cc or more then its 15,000 ytl each.
To bring them both over, you will need a 40ft container and your looking at around 2500 GBP.

Offline Sinbad

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 07:34:56 AM »
Why not save the money and hassle of bringing in old cars to Turkey and look for a new restoration project locally - lots of old classics about on the road that you battle to find even drivable in the UK

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf