Author Topic: moving to turkey  (Read 7084 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
moving to turkey
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »
Whichever way you look at it, you've got to consider the cost of medical treatment, whether it's compulsory or whether you pay into a voluntary scheme.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
moving to turkey
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 12:22:57 PM »
Or do what I did - pay as you go. It was brilliant - 15 lira here, 60 lira for a consultancy there. Then 3 of the 4 of us got food poisoning at at a hotel in Belek - nearly 2 grand there!!!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
moving to turkey
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
Or £1,000 per session for chemotherapy.

Offline Old Daffodil

moving to turkey
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »
I have known of people chartering an airoplane equipped with medical care for the journey to fly family members back to England for  treatment and it has cost them between 20 and 30 thousand so it has meant their lifetime savings.

Offline Dizzy Jan

moving to turkey
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 14:29:44 PM »
Thanks Daffodil :) You did know more than me. Just don't know what to do now think it maybe time to think about returning to England. Really don't fancy it, but if they can just go on demanding money like this, maybe the way to go. Know a lot of people like to be insured, but I do prefer to pay as you go. I agree with the comments you made to the guy who wants to move her lot to consider and take into account. Not such an easy decision now with ths health insurance, increased residency, plus lower interest rates in the bank and higher food prices not to mention electricity and water.

Offline Old Daffodil

moving to turkey
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 14:45:16 PM »
You can rent here for part of the year. The winters are lovely in Calis and Fethiye and if you are not here more than three months at a time you would still not lose your right to medical care in Britainav,some bank accounts in Britain have travel insurance included in their charges. You could probably buy an apartment for a reasonable price too. Many people do live here and the cost of living is up to you and what you want. If you do not run a car and a swimming pool then it is not expensive.  Public transport is really good in Turkey and you can travel all over the place exploring if you want to because it links up well. I have quite a few friends who are single women living in Fethiye area and they are happy there.But it is something you just need to plan well and make sure you have enough to live on. I was not trying to put you off, just to plan in advance what you can afford. :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 14:46:33 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf