Author Topic: Driving to Turkey Part 2  (Read 6093 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 06:42:25 AM »
DON'T DO IT !!

It will all end in tears!!

Offline Evie

Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2005, 15:18:53 PM »
OK So what is the position with taking your car to Turkey with you? Still not clear from above answers. We are moving to Calis permanently later this year and was hoping to take our 6 year old Ford Galaxy with us. What are the restrictions on this (if any)and is there an official site that would advise me on the legalities etc.
Evie

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2005, 17:51:04 PM »
Evie,  do not bring your car to Turkey, it is not worth the expense and hassle, you will be required have your car stamped in your passport and then you can only bring it into Turkey for 6 months and not to return for a further 6 months then start all over again'

If it was that easy this question would not need to be asked and every expat would have their cars here and a new business would be started.
I have used quote below by some who knows. I am sure he will not mind

__Quote_______________________________________________________________
The longest it can stay here is 6 months and no longer. After that you have to take it back out of the country and wont be allowed back in for another 6 months. You should take this into consideration very carefully unless you qualify for a blue plate you have no way around this.
To qualify for a blue plate you must have one of the following:
work permit
student permit
investigation permit
retirement permit
Not forgetting if you do qualify for this you will have to pay a whooping Turing deposit. give you an idea my 1996 Fiat Brava cost me 3,000 euros which I get back when I take the car out of the country.

The deposit only works if you keep your car here using the blue plate scheme
____unquote__________________________________________________________

So as you can see really not worth it!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 18:01:41 PM by loz »

Offline Evie

Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 20:41:40 PM »
Thanks Loz - I see what you mean! We are retired and I suppose would qualify for a Blue Plate but how difficult is this to get and would we still have to pay up front.
Evie

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 08:21:51 AM »
Evie, this is the answer I have from my friend re the blue plate

"To get the blue plate you must have the retirment visa from the consulate in London.
Once you have this you need to visit Turing and they will tell you if you can apply for a blue plate and how much deposit you will have to pay.
If you are able to get a blue plate then you will need lots of money and someone to do the paperwork for you unless you want to have end up in a mental ward because here the paperwork is a nightmare.
expect to pay 250 million for a 2 year registration with turing, how ever much your deposit would be (judged on age and weight), 350-600 euros for the man to do the paperwork for you, and another 500-900 million in extra fees.
My advice, if you have a non-luxury car then dont bother and just buy a normal car in Turkey."

Well I would tend to beleive him, I hope This helps you Evie in making the right descision.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 17:36:04 PM »
Just another point to consider. If you bring your car from the UK, it'll be right-hand drive. Believe me, it's dangerous enough to overtake here when you're on the proper side of the car!

Go on, be sensible and buy a Turkish car. The Tofas Streetfighter is an excellent model! LOL

Offline Evie

Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 21:32:23 PM »
Thanks everyone - our car is a Ford Galaxy Ghia X with every extra and very low mileage,we have had it from new - so it is dear to our heart but the decision will be - not too take it with us - we don't use a car very much anyway just didn't want to see it go for a song in the UK. We walk or take the dolmus at the moment and have no real problems.
Thanks again advice really appreciated.
Evie

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 02:37:08 AM »
right descision am shure, a friend of mine kept taking his car in and out the country every six months, then the customs told him to get a residents permit, he did that then they had him trapped, they then said you are a resident now not a tourist and gave him two days to get the car out of turkey perminantly.

Offline glennat

Driving to Turkey Part 2
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 15:51:30 PM »
So it appears you can still buy a 2K vanything, drive to Turkey (with SAGAs additional insurance)and deposit yourselves (plus the contents of the vehicle) at your Turkish holiday home, then remove the engine, seal the windows and place it up-side-down in the bay and use it as a boat - remembering to get a fishing license and 9hp outboard motor first. LOL.

Sounds do-able, although hard work.

Glen.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf