Author Topic: lemon 4  (Read 16218 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: lemon 4
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 11:54:40 AM »
Hi Bernie - is your move imminent? Will you be missing the Turkish class starting in September?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 12:08:08 PM »
No steve turkish class is definately on. Believe its ladt thursday in september when
We will all be back in uk. The move is on for next year
We have now moved search to ovacik,which we think will be quieter
For us.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »
Congratulation Chris. It is a shame we will just miss you.

Bernie,

I think it is down to who you believe. The nice people of this forum who have nothing to gain and who have obviously been coming here for years, or waiters and shop keepers who just might want you to buy close to them.

Thanks Ian, I am sure we will meet up at sometime as we are over in September next.
Bernie, what Ian says is correct, we must have walked 15 miles all around the area at different times to get a feel of the place,and can honestly say we found nothing at all to put us off. As regards waiters, as much as we love most of them, they are always on commission , and can hear a whisper over three fields. You maybe having a meal in a far corner of a restaurant and you utter the words "BOAT TRIP". They are over like a flash trying to sell you one with the promise of "BEST FOOD ON BOARD" and only 30 people allowed. You know how it goes. Well it's the same with property,they don't want you to buy a resale they want you to buy a new build that is being built by their brothers,nephews cousin etc, that they can get a drink or more out of.
But, take as much advice as you can before making a decision ,it's always the best thing to do. This forum is full of it, so no regrets.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 20:27:10 PM by chris35 »

Offline angela

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »
while on the topic of Gunlukbasi, can someone tell me where /what the wedding circle is?

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »

Welcome to Lemon 4 Chris look forward to meeting you both.

The Badgers

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 20:44:08 PM »
while on the topic of Gunlukbasi, can someone tell me where /what the wedding circle is?

Hi Angela, I stand corrected if I am wrong, but the wedding circle is a circular roofed public area near to the Lemon 4 apartments and Can hotel. It is used by the Turkish for wedding receptions and other celebrations. To see exactly where it is, open google earth and enter "fethiye foca mahallesi". look for what looks like a round broken cart wheel with a black centre. The black centre is the "Wedding Circle". The word Fethiye is more or less directly over the Wedding Circle. Hope this helps :angel: :angel:

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 23:58:06 PM »
I was told by a Turkish man from Kaya that Calis is dive and Gunlukbasi is full of Gypsies and I should never tell people we live there.
We are at the bottom of a hill by the old peoples home and next to a farm (are these the Gypsy people they refer to do you think?) Perhaps they mean peasants as they work the land? or are there Gypsie camps around?  It is lovely and quiet where we are and the local people are very nice. How anyone can sit on the seafront in Calis and say it is a dive I just don't know. That view is just so stunning with the added bonus of the most  beautiful sunset. I think Calis is a great place for families, no hills to climb with pushchairs or wheelchairs. The water taxi to Fethiye and dolmus to everywhere.  :)  So much to offer.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2013, 06:46:31 AM »
Ahhhh !!! So that's the Wedding Circle   :)
Angela and I have walked past that many times on our cross country walk from Calis to Patlangic market on Saturdays.
We had assumed that it was the venue for a mid-week fruit and veg market !!!!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 08:12:37 AM »
I was told by a Turkish man from Kaya that Calis is dive and Gunlukbasi is full of Gypsies and I should never tell people we live there.
We are at the bottom of a hill by the old peoples home and next to a farm (are these the Gypsy people they refer to do you think?) Perhaps they mean peasants as they work the land? or are there Gypsie camps around?  It is lovely and quiet where we are and the local people are very nice. How anyone can sit on the seafront in Calis and say it is a dive I just don't know. That view is just so stunning with the added bonus of the most  beautiful sunset. I think Calis is a great place for families, no hills to climb with pushchairs or wheelchairs. The water taxi to Fethiye and dolmus to everywhere.   :)  So much to offer.
Gunlukbasi 2 is where the so called gypsies used to live, all there camps and the shanty town was cleared about 3 years ago, there is a community centre on the site now. We live near the farms round the Huzereve, they are hard working decent people.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 10:20:04 AM »
So the rumours are not totally unfounded then..peoples oppinion of
The area is based on what happened there previously..
Not a single person from outside this forum said  it would be
A good move..which had slik running for the hills..literally and we
have decided on ovacik as our new search area for when we come back
In september. I also have to reiterate Lemon4 is a fantastic place
place. We fell in love with it. The pictues dont do it justice. Just a shame that slik
Would never feel at peace there. So thank you all for the feedback and I do hpe I havent offended anyone at Lemon4 as it was never my intention
Bernie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf