Author Topic: Advice Ephesus & Pamukkale  (Read 2634 times)

Offline JulieDiane

Advice Ephesus & Pamukkale
« on: January 21, 2018, 20:23:49 PM »
Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help that may have done the above mentioned trips, we were thinking of booking an overnight trip to visit Ephesus & Pamukkale during our stay this year, when looking at the various tour operators i can fro here they all seem to include a carpet tour on the way back etc, i really don't want to stop with the view to a sales pitch of something i just don't want, has anyone booked with anyone & would be happy to recommend who they went with or other simple methods of getting there, we don't want to drive ourselves?

Thanks for any help anyone can give  :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: Advice Ephesus & Pamukkale
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:02:58 AM »
You will struggle to find a trip like this without a shopping stop of some sort.
The price of these trips are phenomenally good value, you couldn't even buy the petrol for what you'll pay.
I think there's a commission set up that makes it possible by having these stops.
Personally I would just go with the flow, or just stay on the coach.
My husband refused to get off and go in some factory or other and I felt embarrassed actually as they're just doing their job.
it's a long journey, a chance to stretch your legs and quite an experience.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X703F using Tapatalk

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:39:46 AM »
Yep, usually a commission involved which in some cases may subsidise the price of the trip.  Just chill, and as KK says use the opportunity to stretch your legs, go for a pee etc.

JF

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 22:35:37 PM »
Oh dear. ok, i'm coming to terms with the fact there will be a sales stop off if we go.... to be honest watching ornaments being made, looking at jewelry (my other half would be horrified, i could do with a nice diamond ring/necklace/earnings    ;) ;D :o   :) ;D   )   , its the carpets i don't want to do, we've just been to so many and really don't want one!

Thanks for taking the time to answer, any idea's who best to go with?

Offline Christie

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 13:52:06 PM »
We went on the overnight excursion and yes it did include a trip to a carpet place, but go be honest we found it really interesting and was also a chance to get off the coach for a break.  The silk carpets were beautiful, and we were also shown around the looms and told how they got the colours into the wool, we found it very informative and interesting,  even though we had been to factories before.  Just go with the flow, or stay on the coach, but for us, it made a nice break from the coach.  We were also taken to a cotton factory/shop  near pammukle which was also good and very cheap.

Offline JulieDiane

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 21:11:19 PM »
Hi Christie, i probably wouldn't mind going to a carpet stop off & agree it can be interesting, but over the years we've been to quite a few and so the interest has waned somewhat, never mind, we'll see what is involved with various trips when we're over in Calis & make a decision then, maybe we'll go over to Rhodes for a couple of days instead  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf