Author Topic: medical musings  (Read 2013 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
medical musings
« on: November 09, 2008, 19:26:03 PM »
I had a heart attack two & a half yrs ago. Would I still be able to get medical cover & does it present any issues?
With regard to obtaining prescription drugs (I'm on quite a few) is this a problem?

I am probably fitter than before the heart attack as it was a "wake up call" I have not smoked since that time & I had stents fitted so I am now bionic! Also keep pretty active with swimming, walking, boats, etc.

Any advice/ info gratefully received.

Dave

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
medical musings
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 20:15:08 PM »
I should make it clear that I am talking about if we decide to move out to Calis.
Dave

Offline miaspyro

medical musings
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:05:44 AM »
Many drugs are available over the counter here, there are problems with strong pain control, or any medication considered addictive.  Might be best to go into a chemist to check what you can get and what you cant (in turkey).  As for medical insurance you would have to contact the insurance company and explain your circumstances. Hope this helps a little regards Maria

Offline Alan Keating

medical musings
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 13:27:04 PM »
Dave
There are a range of medical insurances you can get, all are with the usual levy factors. One factor is age, at present you are unlikely to get "reasonably cover" if you are over 64.
I am aware of something possibly coming, it will be much better, but it is early days.
I must point out I have no knowledge of insurance or medical matters, nor do I have any commercial interests.
Subject to outside factors, it is hoped that a "marketing survey" will be done soon.
I trust this is of help. 8)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
medical musings
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 08:07:05 AM »
Thanks Maria & Alan.

Cheers,

Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf