Author Topic: rip off dentist  (Read 6852 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 09:20:01 AM »
I know Volkan also and he did some work for my son (teeth whitening) which was very cheap compared to back home. I also know my mate's wife had quite a  lot of work done last year and it was good and not expensive.

He also checked my teeth as I wanted them whitening also. However because I had a slight gum problem he would not do it and did not charge me a penny for his time.

Nice chap but I do not doubt Puma so I will be wary in future if we use him.

Offline ronzeus

rip off dentist
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »
HELLO,Puma is a long standing respected member of this forum.She has posted a negative post of a popular dentist .Is this not what the forum is all about ,the bad as well as the good,to those of you who like him and are defensive,get over it.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
Stoop if you had a gum problem why didn't you just leave teeth at the surgery and pick them up when they were done,he he.
being serious i saw vulcan last year i had very bad toothache ,told him i hated needles in the mouth he said he would not use needle,  
he did it how they do infants teeth ,while he was talking he took it out did not feel a thing absolutely brilliant would recommend him to anyone .
sitting hear typing this i have a bad toothache just hope i can last out until i go back to see him ,he charged me £25.00 for extraction less than gov rec price .

:D:D:D ;)

quote:
Originally posted by stoop

I know Volkan also and he did some work for my son (teeth whitening) which was very cheap compared to back home. I also know my mate's wife had quite a  lot of work done last year and it was good and not expensive.

He also checked my teeth as I wanted them whitening also. However because I had a slight gum problem he would not do it and did not charge me a penny for his time.

Nice chap but I do not doubt Puma so I will be wary in future if we use him.

Offline The Crinklies

rip off dentist
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 15:41:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ronzeus

HELLO,Puma is a long standing respected member of this forum.She has posted a negative post of a popular dentist .Is this not what the forum is all about ,the bad as well as the good,to those of you who like him and are defensive,get over it.

:o

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 17:16:13 PM »
Ron,

I think people have a right to tell the good stories about Volkan if they wish. I also think Puma's account should be taken at face value - hence I will be wary next time we use his services.

Lance - I think Spock was a Vulkan ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 17:16:42 PM by stoop »

Offline ronzeus

rip off dentist
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 19:02:16 PM »
Of course they have Stuart .The point is so has Puma to give her bad story ,she disagreed and got jumped on.By the way I dont know Puma except through her posts.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 21:29:45 PM »
my main reason for posting was to point out that volkan was prepared to give me treatment i did not need
i agree he is a very nice man but, have a second opinion if you think the diagnosis offered does not seem right,which i did not and was proofed right when i returned home
like ronzeus posted everyone is entitled to their opinion. rightly so i have not disagreed with anyone but in this stead i just wanted people to also be aware,that people can be ripped off, even by very very nice people

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 15:08:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ronzeus

Of course they have Stuart .The point is so has Puma to give her bad story ,she disagreed and got jumped on.By the way I dont know Puma except through her posts.

Hardly 'jumped on' Ron.

Offline BUBSMUM

rip off dentist
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 18:06:27 PM »
When I first read this thread I decided I didn't want to get involved, but having gone back to it and read what others have said -I think for me what upset me the most was the title of the thread "Rip Off Dentist".  To the contrary Volkan, like others have said on here, bases his fees on a pricing scale set out that all dentists are guided by.  He is most happy to show you this pricing list and indeed my treatment in early 2008 was based on 2007 prices.  At that time Volkan treated me kindly and made me feel that the 20 years of neglect of my teeth due to fear of dentists was avoidable and foolhardy on my part but he never once made me feel embarassed. On the contrary we discussed the treatment to correct what damage there was and he alliviated all my fears. What he has done to improve my smile, (albeit not a perfect set of choppers) is to me a MIRACLE given what he had to work with and I am so grateful that he has now given me my confidence back.  What price that?? I have never felt ripped off by him on the contrary - he has treated me sometimes without charge. As far as I am concerned he is my saviour and good friend.

I do understand what you are saying Puma about getting a second opinion from a dentist in the UK, but I like you, have been to English dentist here recently and I have found that once you mention to them that you have had treatment in Turkey that are quick to disparage the work done by the Turkish Dentist.  Basically they don't like the thought of people going abroad and paying a fraction of the costs for dentistry as opposed to what they charge.  I also have friends who have said that their Turkish Dentists have been "dissed" by UK dentists when they hear that they had treatment abroad. In fact one of these friends had treatment just before coming to Turkey and within hours on arrival he was in the Esnaf with an abycess that nearly poisoned him and after Esnaf mucked up by overdosing him with a lethal dose of Antibiotics it was only Volkan who attended him at his home in an emergency situation and did root canal treatment there and then.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
rip off dentist
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 21:02:03 PM »
bubsmum,he also showed me the pricing scale  ( it does not mean a thing could have shown me any bit of paper with prices on ).
my dentist here in english as not rubbished the the ealier work i had done by volkan he actually said it was good work
what my beef is about is please READ is the work he wanted to do when there was no need.
abcess
root canal
bridge work

i did not need this work doing so why did he tell me i wanted it doing, if i had this abcess i am sure when i had the xray in england it would have shown up, not disappeared when i got to see my dentist 5 days later. no root canal needed either and no bridge work.
that to mean is ripping me off by doing work on my teeth that was not required

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf