Author Topic: MEDICAL CARE  (Read 6856 times)

Offline uprkr

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 10:37:19 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by teresa321

What is the recent opinions of hospital care please and registering when we arrive over in Turkey.  Any information gratefully received.

I unfortunatly had the misfortune of attending the Esnaf with a broken leg last year, the treatment given was incorrect and my consultant in England cannot attempt to fix it without 2 major ops and only a 30% chance of sucsess due to their incompetance.
                  Uprkr

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 13:14:48 PM »
Its funny how people can have totally different experiences.  4 weeks ago my sister-in-law was taken seriously ill and she had the best care at the Esnaf that I have ever seen.  She had a perforated appendix and within minutes of calling for an ambulance they arrived.  By the time she got to the hospital two experts with stoumach complaints were waiting for her and she was quickly diagnosed.  There was an english speaking interpreter there at all times and there was never an insurance issue with everything being organised without our involvement.  They were attentive at all times. The rooms were great, blacony with view and satellite tv for the kids.  Food was fine.  Wish I could say the same for NHS.... When she got back to the UK last week her Dr said it was one of the 'best' operation scars he had ever seen.

Offline cani gonulden

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 15:05:51 PM »
believe me when i say this i am very accident prone and have always just used the esnaf, e.g. 2 years ago had a bad fall crushed the disc, trapped nerves and massive hernia in my lower back after 5 days in the esnaf with total care as i could not walk and the diagonis was confirmed i was transfered to antalya for an operation. i came back home with 2 months bed rest and the esnaf clinic sending a nurse every day to change dressings and check on me. i gradually learned to walk again and am ok now. i would always recommend the esnaf, sue in the tourist section is great!

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 15:14:50 PM »
Two years ago my son who was 6 at the time was quite ill and admitted to Esnaf. We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days, best medical care he has had anywhere.  Even had a balcony with see view!

Offline nirvana

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 15:45:28 PM »
Hi Uprkr,

My better half Tracey broke her leg in 2001 by a buffoon throwing her in a pool and missed. The Esnaf were brilliant and set the leg with Titanium. In Britain they were amazed at the science of the repair and how quickly Tracey was doing all the things she should be doing, E.g  driving in six weeks. And back on a two week holiday inside ten weeks. Esnaf and there staff are brilliant and so say all of us.

Nirvana

Offline cheerful

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 18:15:22 PM »
I have had god and bad experiences at Esnaf. My kids had ear infections over the summer and they were very good. I had a trapped nerve and in the fisrt instance everything was fine. I then had to return to have scan. Having got they in agony and in the boiling heat, the scan was not working.
However a couple renting next door to us,well their daughter was rushed in with appendicitis(excuse spelling). The doctors and nurses were fantastic. She was very impressed.

Offline teresa321

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 18:46:01 PM »
Thanks for the update and all your experiences. Nothing for Letoon hospital I noticed and there is not much written about it - has anyone used it?

Teresa

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 19:09:56 PM »
Our child was born in Esnaf and all pre and post natal care was from there and in all that time we have had fantastic medical care, he is now 22 months old and the very few times he has been ill we have had prompt and effective treatment, all injections and tests are up to date and the pre natal checks were once a month complete with scan, the treatment we recieve is far above the NHS and they even have english speaking staff which is more than i can say about some UK hospitals.
And the cost of all this treatment is much lower than my NI contributions were.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 06:56:35 AM »
i have had two friends who have used letoon recently both had bad experiances, the place when first opened looking sparkling and clean now looks pretty grotty to me, wheras the hesnaf at least looks hygenic my wife has been using it recently and is pleased with the care she has recieved i guess it depends a lot on what doctor is on duty at the time. personally other than an emergancy i would go to izmir for more serious medical conditions there are world class doctors and facilities there with fantastic hospitals at very resonable prices.

Offline teresa321

MEDICAL CARE
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 07:54:41 AM »
Sounds like we will be looking to the Esnaf.  In the end obviously we hope we never need their services but we also need somewhere to start in the event we do require medical attention.  I think out of the whole moving over process this is the one issue that bothers us most of all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf