Author Topic: koca calis advice please  (Read 7296 times)

Offline DANKY

• Never red
Re: koca calis advice please
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »
WE have a villa there thats only used between  March and  Oct as i work in London travelling on  tube daily, Koca is  heaven to me being fairly rural make it more personal with local people as well , my parents who are retired use the villa more than me and have made so many friends out that there that it unbelievable for such a small community.

As for the winter times ive seen the photos and in places is un passable and unliveable at times Although  it has got a little better over the last few  years i  would recommend you have a look before you decide to set up home for there for the winter

i personally don't see this area staying this way  for to much longer, as  more and more villa,s go up every year talk of a boat yard being built along with a hospital,schools  shops and hotels etc, all possibly rumours but strong rumours from the locals

good luck with what ever you decide

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »
Thank you for the info, yes, the one I was looking at didnt appear to have any stove inside just a barbecue on the terrace.
Like you say, if the area is going to have more ammenities, perhaps we  are better getting a place sooner before the prices go up.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 12:31:21 PM »
The barbecue on the terrace is usually attached to a flue that can be accessed from the inside corner of the room. A sober can then be used inside.

I agree with Scunner - living there all year would not be for me. It would take a certain type of person to want to experience the quietness in the winter.

For me if I wanted Koca permanently I would travel half a mile inland and buy in Ciftlik. Much more to do winter- wise and far less - if no flooding at all. Plus you are handy for the shops   :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »
Ok, will try and find out about ciftlik and see if I am drawn to it. However, with the upcoming  area improvements it wont be so  cut off..if the rumours of hospitals etc are as they say.

Great news about sober, another tick in the box! The place i,m looking  i,m told is unaffected by  flooding, but with surrounding areas suffering so much flooding then thats another tick in the against box. Wondering if the  improvements to the area will improve the chances of flooding or is it is what it is  situation.
Thanks for feedback.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 13:38:18 PM »
Sorry stoop, ciftlik didnt do it for me by computer, however, when we come over the end of June we will have a look.  Still a little bit in love with somewhere I have spotted!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2013, 14:55:26 PM »
There are a few new villas being built behind the Main Street in Ciftlik. Away from the busy part and supposedly very nice.

As for the flooding. If you are looking at Koca Calis just be careful. Even if the house you buy doesn't flood - lots of the area does and this can affect getting about in the winter.

We love it there and to be honest the flooding is the only thing that spoils it.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 14:56:14 PM »
I think it's spelled Soba as well - my mistake  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 15:12:21 PM »

Hopefully, the place I have my eye on, will be away from the flooding, near transport links, with new roads!! Thanks I won't make any decisions until I have got the nod from CBF.

We can't afford to make a mistake as it will be a permanent move. So God willing...

Thanks Stoop

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 15:22:35 PM »
Drop me a pm with the location. We have been there 10 years so know most if the bad bits  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 16:19:26 PM »
Thanks stoop have pm,d you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf