Author Topic: Weather forecast  (Read 3371 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Weather forecast
« on: May 14, 2017, 07:21:46 AM »
After our little mini heatwave,we are back to experiencing low cloud and later this week a FEW days of heavy rain and thunder. ??? :-\ Don't remember it being rainy still this late into May,  I have friends out Saturday this is not want I want to happen..Great..Tut. >:(  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Weather forecast
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »
Do you know Bernie we were saying we have never known an April like this year for weather out there 8)now i know the evenings can be chilly and it is often the need to "pack a cardie" type weather in April! But this year I have never been so cold at night and even during the day sometimes, and i dont normally feel the cold as I have my own in built heating system called hot flushes   ;)it was mid/end April too not start of month I had my winter duvet on, a throw , pj.s a pair of Derek's socks and sometimes a 'cardie' too in bed".. I do hope it bucks up for your friends arrival  8)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 08:59:13 AM »
Me too, they are first timers,so I want it all to be perfect. We only just changed from flannalette sheets to cotton, that quilt is staying on top though..There are ants everywhere and our Turkish friend said it's a sign of a very hot and long summer. Well we were out by the pool at end October last year,so im expecting the same.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 22:14:00 PM »
Anyone got the name of a good, accurate weather forecast please.The accuweather one is rain for the whole week..I am praying its wrong.
 : :) ??? >:( >:( :( :'( :'( :'(

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 22:22:35 PM »
Accuweather has always been pretty good for the Fethiye area although the few hundred feet difference in altitude to Ovacik can sometimes have dramatic effects on the local weather.

If you want to be really adventurous though, you can look at the Shipping Forecast for the coast from Marmaris to Antalya.

http://marine.meteoconsult.co.uk/marine-weather-forecast/marine-coastline/turkey-and-cyprus/weather-forecast-coastal%20areas-from-marmaris-to-antalya-18508-0.php

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf