Author Topic: I'm New, and seeking pianos  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Weatherwuss

• Newly Registered
I'm New, and seeking pianos
« on: April 22, 2013, 20:22:31 PM »
Hi' I'm new to this forum, but we've logged on as guests before. We have been to Calis several times to stay with our friends, and this year we are returning in May.

My question is, does anyone know of any pianos available to play in Calis or Fethiye? I've set myself the task of playing 365 pianos to raise money for charity. I'm happy to play in a hotel or villa, so please let me know if you know of any I can play.

Offline Weatherwuss

• Newly Registered
Re: I'm New, and seeking pianos
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
Wot no pianos?

I've just looked at what I posted before and I can see that I was so excited at getting on the website that I made a dog's breakfast of it... so...

I'm Maggie, and we have stayed in Calis several times over the past ten years or so. We love it and keep coming back.
I am having great fun playing pianos wherever I come across them. People are usually very kind and I have only been refused once ( in the Hotel Vera in Antalya as it happens!). It is amazing where they pop up out of the woodwork. Now we've been out and about on buses, dolmus and bikes and I can't remember seeing a piano in any of the bars along Calis seafront, so what I would really like is if people who are in Calis let me know if you spot a piano in an unlikely place, and tell me so I can find it. I'm happy to do the asking when I get there and I won't let on who told me about it!

Many thanks!!

Offline Miss.M

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 16:02:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum Weatherwuss. It may be worth posting your question in the Questions and Information part of the forum. Maybe someone who doesn't usually look in this section here might have the answer for you   :)

Offline busybee

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 07:02:33 AM »
The only place I know that has a piano is in Hisaranou, hence the bars name is the Piano Bar,

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 14:21:18 PM »
What a great idea.  What's the charity?  Will you be doing it only in other countries or in UK too?  If so then where are you based?   ;D

Offline Stan

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 17:18:37 PM »
They had an electric piano/organ at The Mutlu last year if thats any use .

Offline Weatherwuss

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 21:59:57 PM »
Thanks so much for your replies. We're back now, and I did manage to play the digital piano in the music shop near the cinema. Thanks to the Mosaic Restaurant for suggesting that one. Thanks Busybee, I spotted the piano in the piano bar at Hisaranou as we were going past on the Dolmus on the way back from Kayakoy on our last day, so that is definitely one to look out for next time we are over.

SuzzPuss, thanks for the encouragement. We're based in North Wiltshire, and I've played lots of pianos locally. The charity I support is the Williams Syndrome Foundation.

Now I wish I'd made the effort to look on the internet while I was away. .. but it was good to get away form it all for a bit.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 23:17:25 PM »
Ah, well there are plenty of pianos near us in Windsor if you fancy it.   ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf