Author Topic: Hi All Newbie here :D  (Read 5096 times)

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
Re: Hi All Newbie here :D
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
Thanks everyone for the prompt feedback will deffo try check some of the reviewed places.

Yes that scarletts bar does look good we seen that last year but never went in.

The other two i have no idea where they are but if they're in Calis I'm sure they won't be too hard to find!

2 days to go counting the hours now!!!!

Thanks everyone much appreciated

Regards,

Dave

Offline Menthol

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 15:54:21 PM »
Have a great time David - very jealous as not going until September..... let us know about the bars you tried as my kids are always in Fethiye too and are your age.

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 15:46:58 PM »
Back everyone! i am currently sat in work on suicide watch because i am not sat near a beach or a pool with an efes in my hand :(

only joking but it was the best holiday in my life!!!

Went to Scarletts bar a few times (foam party) and was ok and some good music. Went to a irish bar (Shannons) in calis beach and this was a really good bar and the owner and his english wife were so welcomming sat with us for over an hour talking about random stuff and they weren't mithering us to go in whilst we was walking past.

we went to a chinese on the sea front in Calis avoid at all costs!!! cant remember the name but they added 5 things onto our bill which took it over 100TL then when we noticed the wrong items they were laughing at us and speaking in turkish to one another before the bill got reduced to its real price of 80TL.

The waiter likes to brag about his name as he calls you in so you'll know straight away which one it is! He calls him self Nesta and constantly says "Do you know Nesta?"

Already counting the days down until next year :( Hurry up!!!

Offline angela

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 15:55:55 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it so much, it would be very disappointing had you hated it after all the raving about it, but as you now know, however great it is you need your wits about you. I've been back 3 weeks, and I've now got 30 day's and counting till my next trip out  :D  8)

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 15:59:53 PM »
I totally agree Angela always worse the second time you go back as you take things for granted from the first trip. As i am always cautious in a new place.

Got less than 360 days until we return for our third time! Our Turkish mate, Tony, from Kaan hotel wants us to go visit him in Istanbul at christmas time so i am really considering this as it would be such a good experience seeing a christmas outside of Europe.

Might be back earlier if youve got any room in your suitcase i could squeeze into :D

Offline angela

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 16:19:18 PM »
Have you been to Istanbul before?

Offline Menthol

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 16:48:47 PM »
So glad you had a great time, Dave. Shame about the restaurant issue but it's all part of the holiday experience and helps you really appreciate all the great stuff.

Another Calis convert then.  :D

Offline davidlocke90

• F##k Google, Ask me!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 09:15:52 AM »
I have never been to Istanbul so would love to see the city!!

and o yes i was a convert on my first visit in 2012!! cant wait until 2014 now :( need to get back booked my hotel room already 22 nights in july/august so i actually cannot wait!!!!!

Dave

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
Hi All Newbie here :D
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
H David, are you coming over with friends called Paul, Dawn, Yasmin and Lydia? We have friends coming in on the same day as you and they are also staying in the Kaan (as they do every year) and they always come with a large group of friends. If so we'll probably bump into you at some point as we'll be meeting up with Paul and Dawn for a drink. Anyway, hope you have a wonderful holiday and maybe see you soon!!

Offline angela

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »
Dave,  Istanbul is incredible.  It's a very different Turkey from the Fethiye experience, but we love it. The sights and sounds are fantastic, and even though it has it's troubles (where doesn't!!) it wouldn't put me off at all.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf