Author Topic: Can't wait!  (Read 1254 times)

Offline samandmark

• Newly Registered
Can't wait!
« on: July 24, 2013, 13:07:09 PM »
Good afternoon all, I found your forum whilst looking for info for our holiday   :)

My husband and I are heading to Calis Beach in 2 weeks and really excited!
It's our first visit to Turkey so any hints or tips would be very welcome.

Happy Wednesday  ;D Sam

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: Can't wait!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 13:27:10 PM »
Hi Sam and Mark,

Welcome to the forum.  It's great for finding out all the info you need.  There's a competition each year for the best restaurants in Calis and in Fethiye.  Here are the threads for the winners:

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_questions_and_information/cbf_restaurant_year_2012_results_49290.msg297731.html#msg297731

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/fethiye_turkey_discussion_forum/cbf_fethiye_best_restaurant_2012_results_49291.msg297732.html#msg297732

The rest depends on what sort of thing you enjoy doing.  Have fun.   :D

SuzzPuss

Offline samandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 13:43:20 PM »
Thank you SuzzPuss   :) Will deffo check them out.

My husband is hoping to find water-sports/jet-ski/boat type stuff!
I'm planning on relaxing, reading, swimming, eating lovely (hopefully Turkish) food!

We are both keen on photography so hope to take lots of pics, interested in local places of interest too :-)

I've read that Calis Beach is very quiet, with little night-life, sounds perfect to me!!

Sam :-)     

ps. Are mosquitoes a big problem??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 13:45:35 PM »
And here's 15 pages of things you must do when visiting the area (you must do all of them or they won't let you board your plane home  ;)

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_questions_and_information/calisfethiye_1st_timers_you_must_do_this..._19732.0.html

And things to do/see in Fethiye area: http://www.fethiye.co.uk/about-fethiye/places-to-visit.html

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
Can't wait!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 13:49:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sam and Mark. I hope you find loads of useful info on the forum and I'm sure you will love your holiday here in Calis - it is a beautiful place and I'm sure you will return time and time again. There are lots of trips that you can book, anything from boat trips, jeep safari, Saklikent Gorge, Tlos and many different ancient ruins such as Efes or Patarra or simply jump on the water taxi over to the town of Fethiye. There are also so many nice restaurants where you can sample the local food which is delicious and there's also a choice of Italian, Chinese, Indian and of course English. Whatever you choose to do and wherever you decide to eat I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 14:05:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum samandmark - some great advice already posted.  Anything else you need to know just ask and someone will be along with an answer, or use the search facility at the top. 

And don't worry if you don't get round to doing all the things on the 15 pages that Scunner advises, because it's almost guaranteed you'll love the place and be back again, and again and again, like the rest of us ;D!

Have a great time. 

Offline angela

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 14:31:44 PM »
Hi and welcome (some would say to the madhouse) to the mine of information on here. You will find out things you never even knew you wanted to know.    ;)
Calis has a nasty way of worming it's way into your blood so once you've been,  it's very difficult to stay away. Yes mossies are a flipping nuisance, but no different to anywhere really, and the good bits far outweigh the bad, as you will soon see as you catch sight  of your first Calis sunset.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf