Author Topic: Our first post  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Moonlight

• Retired last August now packing, can't wait.....
Our first post
« on: August 20, 2013, 21:05:48 PM »
Hi everyone. Bob and Julie here from Guernsey. We are in the process of buying two apartments in Calis. Julie's dad has an apartment in Gunlabasi that we have been using as our summer haven for several years. A few years ago we toyed with having our own and this year came across what we believe is an extremely good deal. We love the area and every year find more to explore. This year we ventured down some tiny little tracks near Koca Calis and found some terrific beaches.
So leased to be on the threshold of bagging the two apartments and are finding this site a tremendously useful resource. Well done to those that maintain it.
We've been back 10 days and are missing it like mad. Guernsey is great in the summer but it was a long winter with the worst snow for 30 years. We love the people and all the expats we have met have been really helpful.
Anyway we look forward very much to being active members of this community and plan to be out once the deeds are signed over in about three weeks.  Feel free to contact us anytime. Bye for now.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Our first post
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 21:11:25 PM »
Are you buying to live in Calis full time or are you renting out the properties, sorry by the way welcome to the forum!

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 21:27:41 PM »
Hello, yes we will probably be coming out to live at some point but have no immediate plans for rentals. We have a three bedroom duplex over the two bedroom one so will be great for friends and family to come over and be separate. We are looking forward to doing some entertaining with family. Julie is Welsh originally with lots of relatives. I am Irish American and a lot of my family are in Galway who will want to be over. Have one of the dreaded 'Big' birthdays next year (Bob) so it could be a good one !

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 22:26:13 PM »
Welcome both to the forum! Lovely post, you must be so excited with your new apartments. Good luck with your venture. Look forward to hearing how it all pans out!

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 22:57:28 PM »
Welcome. Sounds very exciting.  Hope you get to spend lots of time in Calis  :) Good luck with everything and look forward to hearing more from you.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 23:21:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies. We are looking forward to the completion of the paperwork so we can relax a little.
In the meantime I need to work out how to get my pictures onto the forum gallery. Took some nice ones week before last in Cirali and Olympos. Just mucked up my first attempt. Images too big I think
Anyway off to bed now I think. Thanks again for the kind words and encouragement.
Regards to all, Bob and Julie.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 02:38:56 AM »
Welcome to CBF, Bob and Julie.

Hope everything goes well for you and it isn't too long before you are relaxing on your own balcony!

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 19:05:21 PM »
Welcome to CBF, Bob and Julie.

Hope everything goes well for you and it isn't too long before you are relaxing on your own balcony!
Thanks. We are looking forward to it.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 22:27:13 PM »
hi and a warm welcome hope you enjoy

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 00:38:29 AM »
Welcome! Sounds as if you have an exciting time ahead in this lovely place. Re paperwork, just make sure you get that Tapu (full title deeds) as soon as possible! good luck!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf