Author Topic: Help with viewing please  (Read 5946 times)

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
Help with viewing please
« on: July 31, 2012, 20:34:11 PM »
Hi,

We are coming to Calis in October with  a view to buying. From reading advice on here we have chosen what we believe are  two good estate agent to view with. My main dilema is when searching on the internet I come  across about half a dozen properties not on these agents websites that are of interest. Is the process the same as England where agents have sole agreements or would these agents have access to these properties as well?

Thank you in advance.

Nick

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Help with viewing please
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 20:42:33 PM »
They probably will or at least can do. Give them the info and let them sort it out

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 21:17:16 PM »
I hope they're Scunner and Cenk.  They'll see you right.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 21:44:14 PM »
'True' sole agency agreements are extremely rare in Turkey.

If you have properties you are interested in but not with the agents you choose, it is possible to ask them to arrange viewings. It isn't so much to do with sole agency agreements, I think you regularly find that the reason they haven't got them is because they were sold long ago or some other good reason. If you supplied a list and photographs I'm sure they'd know most of them and can arrange viewings for you. Arranging viewings is quite ethical in my view. Viewing a property with one agent then going to another agent to try and arrange a purchase is not. Mind you, it never stopped certain agencies doing it to me :(

Good luck!

Offline SandyLea

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »
The agents who are showing us properties in September are Interturk, Golden Moon and European Estates.  All of these come with recommendations from people on this forum.  They are even picking us up from our hotel.  What amazing service!

The trouble with finding properties you like that are not with these above mentioned agents are that the ones you like have probably been sold ages ago but are left on the internet to tempt you in.  At least I feel confident that the ones I like with the above agents do actually exist and it won't be a wild goose chase. 

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 19:10:06 PM »
Thanks for your help. That certainly makes things easier.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 19:21:18 PM »
It may also be the case that the more reputable agents will not touch some properties with a barge pole, as there are inherent problems. So, instead of the home of your dreams, you end up with a complete nightmare

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 19:29:54 PM »
Correct Liz, and not just certain properties - certain developers too. Some are not as stable as their impressive portfolios and glossy brochures might suggest...

Offline quackers

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 06:02:12 AM »
And as Keıth knows I wanted the Pınk Palace I had seen on the ınternet. Pınk ıt was, Palace ıt wasn't when vıewed. They all look lovely on the ınternet but look very dıfferent when you see them close up. My advıce would be ıf you fınd one you lıke go back and vıew ıt ın the evenıng on your own and walk to ıt and see how long ıt takes you. Also lısten for barkıng dogs and noise.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
I would not be too impressed with being picked up from you Hotel, it's rare to hear of an Agent that will not do that, think it's par for the course.   I was in beauty parlour when a couple expressed an interest in buying property.  The owner had brochures out immediately, and within 15 minutes was arranging to send a car to pick the couple up at their hotel that afternoon!! :o
We probably did everything wrong. Went over for one week, picked one agency, went out the second day, (picked up and taken) spent the day viewing. Bought a property that day and then went back to our accommodation for dinner and sat looking at each other as if we had been given an anesthetic.  However, we were lucky and everything went smoothly and we made the right decision and don't regret it.  We love our place in Calis.  ;D 
If we had our time again and had found the Forum with all the good advice early, we would have done things differently, to make sure we were safe.  We would even have got a solicitor. :-[

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf