Author Topic: Best form of heating  (Read 3777 times)

Offline C-E

Best form of heating
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 12:22:08 PM »
Hi hamilton, it depends on the size of the bag 20kg or 25kg, also the size of the coal. Ours is the size of anthracite beans (1/2 inch) and 25kg bags delivered and stacked.

Offline C-E

Best form of heating
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »
Also hamilton super carbon comes in several different sizes from large coals down to the size that we use in our hopper. The larger the coal size the cheaper the price.

Offline hamilton

Best form of heating
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 17:08:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by C-E

Also hamilton super carbon comes in several different sizes from large coals down to the size that we use in our hopper. The larger the coal size the cheaper the price.

Sorry C-E I was assuming 20kg bags, you seem to have a good deal.
regards
Tony

Offline chris tippett

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 18:09:29 PM »
My advice from having lived in Uzumlu for 3.5 years is to take up the kind offers on here and see what others have done. Have a good look round and ALWAYS go for a company that others have used and are happy to recommend. Do NOT just walk into a shop/builder and order without thorogh checks first and do NOT give big deposit! Hope this helps.

Offline grahamturner09

Best form of heating
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 18:19:49 PM »
If as you say it is a new build you should be looking at a ground or air source heat pump with under floor heating. There should be no problem with leaks as the pipes are one continuous loop and the manifold is above ground.

Offline C-E

Best form of heating
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 18:52:06 PM »
We can recommend Alarko in Tasyaka. We shopped around when we had our villa built (3yrs ago)went to many shops that do central heating systems but found Alarko in Tasyaka very helpful, good value for money etc.  Installation was ex and there back up service second to none.

Offline Alan Keating

Best form of heating
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 20:47:28 PM »
I fully agree with Graham, a heat pump with solar is a better answer. The most VITAL part is having the right thermal lagging; in UK there are only a handful of new houses at this level. As far as I know, there are no properties in the Fethiye region at this level. 8)

Offline Firo

Best form of heating
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 21:57:39 PM »
I wouldn't go for a solar heating system...what happens when we see no sun for days on end.
I know someone, in Uzumlu, who has had the ground source well/underfloor heating installed and at the correct depth it gives you 15-17 degrees constant temperature, I think.
He's Andyboy on this forum so might be worth contacting him for more info.
Fi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf