Author Topic: Uzumlu Holiday review!  (Read 2031 times)

Offline sugarjules

Uzumlu Holiday review!
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:36:28 PM »
Firstly we had a great holiday in Uzumlu and found the locals, both brits and turks very friendly.

I have been to Turkey many times and found uzumlu a very charming place to visit.

What did suprise me was the never ending gossip/competiton between bars/restaurants from the locals and we were often asked questions about where we had or had not been, often met with warnings that this or that place should be avoided.  so we decided to try as many as we could

We found the Winehouse to be very welcoming, staff and customers very nice. Although we found that considering they like to have a upmarket reputation, we were met with a waitress who was wearing a tracksuit and chewed gum constantly when serving customers.

Overall nice place, but food overestimated and over priced.

The grape gardens, again lovely people and very friendly , but the set meal for salsa night was very unimaginative, the pudding was terrible. had much better for less elsewhere.

The Uzum Hun, lovely meal, lovely lady and food very reasonable, although we were the only people in there.

Cadianda, we went on quiz night which was great, but waited 2 hours for food, they were very busy so i wasnt upset, but when the food arrived it really was awful.  We went back one afternoon as someone said to give it another go, and this time the pide especially was one of the best i have had in Turkey.

Alya park, lovely setting, warm welcome and very busy. Turkish night was great food and vey reasonable for 17 TL.  Fish another night and again great.  I love desserts so was disappointed that Ali didnt have anything other than ice cream.

We missed going to fesetta, but will try next year.

Local market was very nice, and had lovely gozleme.  Cadianda was well worth the drive on unmade roads.

Enjoyed Calis beach and also went to mosaic gardens in fethiye on recommendation and really enjoyed the meal there too.

Overall, will be coming back to visit.  

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:37:03 PM by sugarjules »

Offline corbindallas

Uzumlu Holiday review!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 15:39:31 PM »
It is nice to see you enjoyed Uzumlu, it is a great place and as you have mentioned a good variety choice of places to eat and drink for a small village. I always believe on making my own opinion on places as that way I can know what is good and bad for future reference especially when we have visitors overs to take them out. I think your ratings were pretty spot on, pity you missed the Fesetta to round of the resturants here. :)

Offline Rosy

Uzumlu Holiday review!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 16:33:14 PM »
Next time give Salayla a go too, In the main square, go up stairs at the side of the public loos, friendly welcome and good food on offer at reasonable prices. Agree we should support all these venues and stop the bad mouthing and/or rumour monging. Uzumlu is a lovely place and we are lucky to have such choices in a small village. We each have our favourites for varied reasons, Mine has to be Winehouse as we can walk to there and this means no one has to abstain from alcohol due to driving. Food and staff great too.

Offline saoirse

Uzumlu Holiday review!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 08:35:10 AM »
I think to a certain extent your review shows damned if you do dmaned if you dont

You mention locals talking to you giving advice/opinions on different restaurants-if no one had spoken to you maybe your report would have read locals unfriendly- didnt speak to me

As in any small village theres bound to be gossip/opinions etc
Bottom line is make your own mind up

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf