Author Topic: Harbour Police and trip to Mugla  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Winklepicker

Harbour Police and trip to Mugla
« on: October 14, 2010, 17:37:29 PM »
Hi all, Long time since I posted...thought I would relay recent events, might help someone..

A few weeks ago I obtained my residency, only took 3 weeks. Brill...

Last Friday went to Mugla to register new vehicle.The law has recentley changed and number plates and registration were successfully obtained from Mugla Passport Police in the foriegners dept.

This is where it starts to go wrong....The very nice Police Lady realised that I had the wrong I.D. number and suggested that I go back to the Harbour Police and ask him to change it.I had applied for residency in 2006/7 in Alanya and did not return to Turkey for quite a while to collect it so I wrongly assumed it had been cancelled.I did not understand then the importance of these things as I was a newcomer to this country.

On Monday I did what I was asked...the same man that issued the residency was rude and abusive, luckily my Notary walked in on other business and his attitude changed but he still refused to change the numbers without my old RP.

I explained that Alanya was a 6 hour drive away...he didnt want to know.

Later in Notaries office they phoned Mugla Police and they said all he has to do is change the numbers, we phoned Alanya Police and they said why would he want the old RP as its now expired.

The Harbour Police man was approached by my Notary again but wouldnt help.

On Thursday I went to the Chief of Police in Fethiye, he saw me staightaway, he speaks and understands very good English and is a very nice man, after the tale was told, he phoned the Harbour Police instructed them to assist me and explained to me what they would do for me...

I returned to the Harbour Police, this man was still being awkward and wouldnt help, I phoned my Notary who phoned the Harbour Police. A uniformed man came into the building and within 5 mins had written a letter to the Alanya Police in Turkish requesting my old RP to be sent to themselves, I took this letter to Fethiye Police station to have it stamped and 5 mins later returned it back to the Harbour Police.

Problem solved....Why are some people so bloody minded. This problem was solved in 5 mins.....because of one man many people had been involved into this little saga of mine.....anyone else got a tale to tell?

Offline corbindallas

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 18:53:33 PM »
Sounds like the same harbour policeman (senior) that was very abrupt when he opened a envelope and discovered it had our photo's in it instead of money when we were applying for residency!!!! I was told by a very well known local translator he is like this often and no one including the Turkish question his behaviour, if it is the same person, he sits at the first desk as you enter the office.He also (unfortunatley) was checking passports when we took a trip to Rhodes from Fethiye harbour, I handed him our 3 passports which were closed, as I was carrying our baby and had no spare hand to do it, he handed them back and just barked "open". Great interaction for tourism from a official, how do they continue to get away with it????My arse wouldn't touch the ground if I did this back in my police days.[:(!]

Offline Winklepicker

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 20:50:46 PM »
This man is the only one in the office without a uniform. My Notary says hes miserable and due to retire soon, wish I knew when I would hang the flags out.

Offline Winklepicker

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 20:53:55 PM »
Which Force..mine West Mids

Offline Julesp

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 22:26:21 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Winklepicker

This man is the only one in the office without a uniform. My Notary says hes miserable and due to retire soon, wish I knew when I would hang the flags out.

I had easy residence renewal BUT hes a friend of a friend enough said
:D ;)
He was a bit slmey though :(

Offline Winklepicker

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 07:14:48 AM »
Just to finalise this little saga of mine. about 3 weeks later I returned to the Notary for them to phone Alanya Police to see if Petition had been received...It hadnt...expecting more hassle to come notary phoned Harbour Police in Fethiye. Surprise ,surprise was informed I could collect my residency anytime..

So the petition wasnt sent to Alanya, so Harbour Police in Fethiye didnt require my old RP afterall.....Go figure...

End of Story.

Offline peecee

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 08:01:46 AM »
Doesn't surprise me.  When I received my residency book they had spelt my surname incorrectly (and my father's name) so the details on the computer were wrong.  Real rigmarole of backwards and forwards Passport police to police station getting stamps and signatures.  Officious twerp wasn't prepared to do anything (not a problem!! yeah right, until I want to leave the country) until he was pressured.:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf