Author Topic: T'internet  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
T'internet
« on: December 08, 2010, 14:37:08 PM »
How's it going here in Uzumland?  -We went from 1 meg to 8 meg yesterday.  But now it seems less stable that it was (don't laugh).   8)

Yes, its faster but the connection seems to drop out an awful lot (maybe it always was but the slow speed hid the fact).  Would be interested to know what the general trend is.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
T'internet
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 17:22:47 PM »
I went to 8 meg in Gunlukbasi I am with smile adsl, I was dropping my connection quite often, I called their IT dep. They checked my line and it is not good enough for 8 meg. He kept adjusting it while I was on the phone, he set it  at 4.9 meg still fast but no loss of connection. (Smile had an offer on 8 meg (ish) sign for 2 years 24tl first year 49tl second year.
Mark

Offline Paul Brock

T'internet
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 20:10:17 PM »
Was in Turk Telecom a couple of weeks ago and they advised that there was no point in upgrading to 8Mb as Uzumlu could not support this speed. They offered to upgrade to 3-4 Mb for an additional TL4 a month (compared to 1MB unlimited).
Was generally getting 3-3.5Mb but tonight only getting 1Mb - which is sufficient to watch BBC programmes live. If we ever get 3.5Mb continuous then could watch in HD but I am not holding my breath for that one.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
T'internet
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 09:54:56 AM »
Thanks for replies.  Surprised there weren't more.  But maybe no one is having problems.  :o

Certainly no one advised us there was problems in having 8Mb in Uzumlu, which is frustrating if they knew we'd have problems.  I can get 7 on it using speedtest, LOL!  But its pretty frustrating if the internet keeps going awol *tut*  :-\

Offline goatman

T'internet
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 06:08:40 AM »
our internet is diabolical at the moment yet again. We loose it altogether for spells most nights. Complained to ttnet numerous times but nothing is ever done. We have 8mb unlimited which was brilliant until they updated cabling in the village a couple of months ago. Since then we struggle to get 0.5mb.What can you do other than keep phoning them up!!!!!

Offline hamilton

T'internet
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 06:15:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by goatman

our internet is diabolical at the moment yet again. We loose it altogether for spells most nights. Complained to ttnet numerous times but nothing is ever done. We have 8mb unlimited which was brilliant until they updated cabling in the village a couple of months ago. Since then we struggle to get 0.5mb.What can you do other than keep phoning them up!!!!!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
T'internet
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 07:34:02 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by goatman

Yes, we saw you in TTNET office on Tuesday.  You said you were having problems.  We assumed you were having problems due to something they had done to the wiring near your house.  Rushed home to find our new and improved internet running at about 7Mb, THEN realised it was off almost as much as it was on.  [xx(]  It is very frustrating and IF it is a known problem in Uzumlu generally, why didn't the nice man tell us while we were there???  Grrrrr.

Offline Sue T

T'internet
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 10:32:42 AM »
Earlier this year when we were having problems, we were told that the connection to Uzumlu cannot support more than 4 meg so we have always ignored the offers to upgrade.  Have not had any news that they have improved the service
I just did a speedtest (the results of which I do not pretend to really understand) and that gave the same old 2 1/2 stars we used to get which is not very good I believe; also indicates no upgrade?
 I gave up trying to watch UK tv online because of the breaks, even the radio sometimes does not have sufficient bandwidth to sustain it, but it is fine for mail, banking and CBF
:D

Offline goatman

T'internet
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 14:22:54 PM »
can you believe it? we are in the middle of this thunder and lightning storm and our adsl has improved 4 fold. Wonders never cease to amaze!!!!!!!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
T'internet
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 15:13:35 PM »
So, all you need is a sprinkler system on the phone line and you're all set!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf