Author Topic: Villa broken into in Uzumlu  (Read 4863 times)

Offline suec

Villa broken into in Uzumlu
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »
So Sorry to hear this awful news its terrible enough to be broken into but when things have sentimental value too it makes it even worse.
Hopefully someone in the village who knows something will come forward . Fingers crossed Sue x

Offline Woodies

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 14:15:09 PM »
Maureen we are devastated to hear this sad news and really feel for you and the others involved, lets hope a concerted effort by everyone, will lead to the arrest of these total scumbags, as someone KNOWS who is responsible. We will speak to you soon.

For everyone elses information, this property was one of three targetted that evening, with two being burgled and one unsuccessful attempt. All three property owners were together the evening concerned at a local restaurant, with three other couples, when the burglaries took place. Someone local KNOWS who is responsible, as the odds of randomly selecting these three properties, must be highly unlikely. I do not wish to spread panic, but what with the xmas season upon us, I would be extremely careful, of letting others know of your evening plans and arrangements.
I muted last year, the idea of a large reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the burglaries, with the involvement of local businesses, (due to loss of potential revenue, as some may not wish to leave their properties empty) and I now think this time has arrived.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 14:53:12 PM »

quote:
the idea of a large reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the burglaries

You know what, that's not a bad idea, Uzumulu does seem to get more than its fair share of burglaries and if every foreign owner were to contribute, say, £30 to a reward fund then you could build up a substantial amount of cash that will tempt someone to identify these scum.

As you rightly say, someone knows who is doing this; the thieves are probably selling the stolen goods locally. If someone gets caught and the police are prepared to make an example of them, it might make other crooks think twice.

PS, don't push the problem down to Calis, we have enough trouble as it is !  

Offline The Crinklies

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 15:24:36 PM »
Maureen, we are very saddened to hear your news, especially about the jewellery that is of such sentimental value :(

Thinking of you, Sue & Tony

Offline peecee

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 15:30:02 PM »
I would agree with the Woodies and said so last Winter.  Problem is that there are so many 'inter-related' people in the village that it would cause real problems (sooner or later) for whoever came forward with information.
Personally think it's a case of making a big noise with the Jandarma (again) and keeping ALL plans confidential.
Look around the village, work out who is interested in your plans/conversations and don't say too much.
I'm really sorry to hear your news, Maureen.:(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 15:32:17 PM by peecee »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 15:45:20 PM »
The problem with rewards is that they can cause crime as well as help solve it. When it was discovered that people would pay rewards for the safe return of their pets, people started stealing dogs :-\

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 16:34:22 PM »
The reward would not be linked to the return of stolen property but follow the succesfull prosecution of the burgular/s, it's hardly likely people are going to commit a break in and then turn themselves in to claim the reward?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 16:35:03 PM by Rimms »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 16:58:11 PM »
You never know  8)

Offline twinkle01

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 17:50:21 PM »
Thanks Woodies, we discussed a reward system last year, I think it may be a good idea.   I agree with you,  the properties were not chosen at random the scumbags knew these people were in a restaurant for some time, they may have been watching them. I agree someone in the village knows what's going on, I think the Jandama must know who is capable of doing this.

My relative who lives in Calis had his dog stolen as soon as he put up a reward he got the dog back, I know it means they may just steal to get the cash.

I also think this will effect the local restaurant's we all like to go out and have a good time but when you are worried about your house more often than not you will stay home.
This may effect the restaurant's Christmas and New Year Bookings.
Maureen xx

Offline winehouse_uzumlu

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 19:48:51 PM »
hi maureen ,  we were very upset to hear about the burglaries, it hits home more when these people are friends and very good customers,after talking to certain people sener has translated a notice into turkish which will be going around uzumlu shops and markets etc, so lets hope we can have a rapid respond, so these thives can be caught and hopefully you get your property back

ian & sener

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf