Author Topic: re-grouting of pool  (Read 3788 times)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
re-grouting of pool
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:46:14 AM »
Last year we were lucky enough to get away with 'touching up' a few tiles that needed smoothing in.  However I'm guessing that after five years we need to think about regrouting the entire pool in time for the next 'swimming' season !  has any one recently had this done ?  if so can you give me some indication of pricing to regrout a medium sized pool  (39 sq m) ?   We have a chap that will do it for us, but I have no idea of what to expect to pay ?  I'm also guessing we need to avoid the 'yellow powder' weeks of spring in which to get it done ?!

Any guidance gratefully received......thank you.

Offline Denise40

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »
We grouted our own pool in beginning of May it was already hot and needed shade - whoever does it ensure they either use pressure washer to get rid of loose grout or scrap loose bits out and watch out they don't water to grout down and use the water mop (like a wipescreen wiper) to spread the grout at the bottom of the pool as it won't last.  Unsure of local prices - but contact local builder Mustafa on 05325121137, as he used a team to fix a pool last year that hadn't worked for 5 years!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »
Thanks Denise.  yes we 'touched up' in May last year and Mr Pookie was burnt to a cinder (awww !).  We have every faith in Imbrahim (our maintenance chap) as he has looked after all our needs for the past five years, but we just don't have any idea of a 'reasonable' price to expect to pay.  Better start saving....

Offline Gary-O

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 15:58:06 PM »
I would recommend that the old grout is completely cut out before regrouting and that you do not grout over old grout. The cost for this size pool should be in the region of 750Tl, agree before any work is undertaken, that any tiles that are damaged in the process, are replaced. Be prepared for a lot of dust.

Offline C-E

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:35:13 AM »
Hi Pookie, a bag of grout costs around 25TL, you will need 2 bags for your size of pool. Typical labour charges are 50TL per day. Depending on how much grout needs removing the whole job should only take 3 to 4 days. Based upon this your total costs sould be around 300TL. As Gary-O has said any tiles broken whilst work is being done to be replaced by the worker. Make sure you cover everything before the work is started. If you feel the person who you are looking to do the work is worth it you could pay a little more. Ask for a price, when in Turkey Barter lol.

Offline peecee

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:51:40 AM »
Wouldn't it be easier to remove the old grout with acid?  Horrid job, I know, but much quicker.  Shoud be done in a day?

Offline Firo

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »
We had ours removed with acid and it only takes the top layer off. Now a year later we are going to have to do the whole thing again but this time properly removing all the grout by cutting it out.
If it's a 3 day job it will be using acid and will probably need re doing more often. You pays your money and take your choice.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 11:49:07 AM »
I know that Engin at Fethiye Property Services has done this job on a number of local sites, so it may be worth getting a quote from him.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:50 PM »
Thanks for your replies everyone, really appreciated.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 13:43:51 PM »
I have found a mixture of flour and water works well. At least till you've paid for the job and put the water in  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf