Author Topic: re-grouting of pool  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Gary-O

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 15:43:23 PM »
The quickest and most effective way is to have the grout cut out, that is the reason i mentioned to get an agreement about damaged tiles. If your pool has a foot print of 39sq M's, taking into account the walls, this will give you a total area of approx 80sq M's. Also remember when you get your quote, make sure you get them to include cleaning the pool after the grouting has been finished, it's a nightmare to get the grout dust off. From start to finish, the work should be completed (allowing for the grout to completely harden)in a week.

Offline Steve A

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 16:02:54 PM »
We had ours done twice in 5yrs 50msq grout taken out to a depth 10mm then waterproof grout put back in great job 600ytl.Had it done through AA property services.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 18:45:53 PM »
Ours has not needed to be done in 7 years yet (touch wood for another year). A couple of neighbours have not been so fortunate and their pools were built at the same time.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »
Our site pool was done last year by Britannia maintenance, job well done & cost around 1000tl

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 14:36:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I have found a mixture of flour and water works well. At least till you've paid for the job and put the water in  ;)

and that is precisely why I won't be asking you for a quote !!!  Thanks for all your input everyone, really appreciated.

Offline OvacikOldBoy

re-grouting of pool
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 17:04:14 PM »
Engin of Fethiye Property Services will do a professional job and a reasonable price.  He guarantees it for two years, we had ours done last year for about 450 TL or thereabouts.  Includes scraping out the inferior grout, using a better more versatile grout, cleaning the pool with acid and washing out etc.  I think the filling of the pool was extra on top.

he did a good job

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
re-grouting of pool
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
Thanks everyone.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf