Author Topic: Hairdresser?  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Hairdresser?
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 20:10:34 PM »
I have long blond hair and used to have my highlights and cut done at AS and C when I lived in Turkey.I have it  more sleek than bouffant. The hairdresser has worked for very rich Russians clients and his work is excellent,in fact both hairdressers there are very good. I would sit in the salon and watch as people were transformed with a good cut. My daughter in England worked for Toni and Guy and agreed. I am sure there are other hairdressers who are good in the area as well,trial and error really to find one. Take a photo of what you would like,same as England. Good luck. They used to give me a manicure and pedicure at the same time!Meant flipping around in a pair of little slippers but it was worth it.

Whilst staying in France for a few months I really missed AS and C, the French hairdressers cut ok but hardly any of them were good at colour. I was living in a rural area  in the Loire Valleythough. Women there were desperate for a well trained English hairdresser.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 20:35:03 PM by Daffodil »

Offline jacqki

Hairdresser?
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 20:20:21 PM »
I'll pack an 80's outfit just in case!!!

Offline Old Daffodil

Hairdresser?
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 20:37:01 PM »
Let us know how you get on. Good luck!Take your own magazines as well, not many English ones when I went.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Hairdresser?
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 08:40:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by calvin 1949

Ramazam !!

highly recommended by mr Pookie too !! He is especially partial to the nose and ear hair sizzling.... ;):D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Hairdresser?
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 08:49:09 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

I have long blond hair and used to have my highlights and cut done at AS and C when I lived in Turkey.I have it  more sleek than bouffant. The hairdresser has worked for very rich Russians clients and his work is excellent,in fact both hairdressers there are very good. I would sit in the salon and watch as people were transformed with a good cut. My daughter in England worked for Toni and Guy and agreed. I am sure there are other hairdressers who are good in the area as well,trial and error really to find one. Take a photo of what you would like,same as England. Good luck. They used to give me a manicure and pedicure at the same time!Meant flipping around in a pair of little slippers but it was worth it.

Whilst staying in France for a few months I really missed AS and C, the French hairdressers cut ok but hardly any of them were good at colour. I was living in a rural area  in the Loire Valleythough. Women there were desperate for a well trained English hairdresser.

O.K. Daffodil, but we all demand a picture, because your hair sounds lovely and your hairdresser seems fabulous... So what are you waiting for[?]

Offline bev

• Ilkeston, UK
Hairdresser?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 09:13:22 AM »
Where is the Mulberry Tree in Fethiye? Think I need to call in when i come over ths week.
Thanks

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Hairdresser?
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 09:17:33 AM »
It's on the one way street with all the banks just passed Fortis Bank on the left hand side.  There is a little street that you cross to it.  In that street opposite the Mulberry is a really nice shop owned by an English lady (Linda) It's called Hippy Chic.  She makes and sells her own jewellery and greetings cards.   Don't miss it, her stuff is lovely and very reasonably priced. ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:18:03 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Woodies

Hairdresser?
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »
Called into AS & C yesterday on a friends recommendation and am more than happy with the results. Hair washed, cut and blowdried to my style already (not eighties I might add) and all for 20tl!! I pay in excess of £40 plus for the same in the UK! Well worth a visit.

Offline Linda

Hairdresser?
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil

Who did your hair in AS & C Daffodil and how good is they're English?

Offline Old Daffodil

Hairdresser?
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 17:32:30 PM »
I was pleased with both of the hairdressers in the salon. They understood what I was asking for when I spoke in English but I do speak some Turkish.
PS I don't know how to put an Avatar on the forum Jacquie.I did manage it when it was a picture of the Dolphin though!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 17:35:33 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf