Author Topic: New Projects  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Winklepicker

New Projects
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 23:17:38 PM »
I agree entirley about involving the kids...we asked the question to the Baskan would it be ok for us to talk to the local children about the playground.  He said no because the children would choose dangerous things.

Offline Winklepicker

New Projects
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 23:19:58 PM »
Yes to the question on where the Doctors live.

One of the Doctors is married to the nurse and all live at the rear of the Clinic.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New Projects
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 00:19:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Winklepicker

I agree entirley about involving the kids...we asked the question to the Baskan would it be ok for us to talk to the local children about the playground.  He said no because the children would choose dangerous things.

perhaps you could invite the Baskan to come along to a session so he could hear for himself that children have more sense than he gives them credit for...

Offline Firo

New Projects
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 06:33:47 AM »
Originally posted by Neylan

None of the DOCTORS and NURSE are living in Uzumlu so are not available outside of the health centre's opening times...They are all living in Fethiye with their families.

So which statement is correct? If the Defib is kept in the clinic then if Neylan's statement is correct then we would have to wait over 30 mins for someone to get here.

I'd vote for the defib but kept in the Jandarma where there is 24 hour access.

Offline Winklepicker

New Projects
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 06:42:35 AM »
I will have to recheck this info cos when I went there out of hours the other day the one of the Doctors was at the rear of the property. Thanks for the heads up Fiona.

Offline Denise40

New Projects
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »
Whether the next project is a Defib or playground we need your support  - our next fund raising event in the Summer British BBQ (sausages & bacon on the menu)! on 9th July at Park Alya, great raffle prizes on offer - price 25ytl of which 5ytl will go towards our funds.

Offline Winklepicker

New Projects
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 10:35:30 AM »
All questions voiced by the community will be looked into, wether a De-fib at the Clinic or the Jandama more research is clearly needed.

Tomorrow I will be visiting the Clinic to ask all of the above. So if anyone has more concerns now the time to voice them.

Offline calvin 1949

New Projects
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 13:21:47 PM »
Perhaps litter bins in the play area up from Cadianda Pide Salon  .The equipment there is not too bad just the rubbish strewn about that lets it down! and mabe some safe ground cover

Offline Michelle1

New Projects
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 17:29:22 PM »
Both suggestions are very different, but good ideas.  My vote would be with the play area in the village as I have a 2 year old and she has been injured twice by the equiptment there.  The baby swing is broken and she fell off as a baby and the other swings are the old wood and metal ones which have left bruises on her back.  I have also had to remove broken glass and made sure she toddled around the goat/sheep poo.  As I said both are valid suggestions and would support either.  Thanks Michelle
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 17:30:57 PM by Michelle1 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf