Author Topic: Ugly Cement Factory - Don't Buy in Uzumlu!  (Read 6551 times)

Offline Firo

Ugly Cement Factory - Don't Buy in Uzumlu!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 16:27:33 PM »
I've put my tuppence worth on it now so that should restart things....lol

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 16:30:04 PM »
I can't believe how people who have such little knowledge have such a large desire to share it!

(not you Fi lol)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 17:39:29 PM »
it's brightened up an dull Sunday lol

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 17:40:33 PM »
Crafty, Anne!

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 17:46:58 PM »
just added my tuppence worth.
WW

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 18:05:56 PM »
What a load of rubbish these people have no clue stating that property is hard to sell and you lose money. I recently sold my apartment at a small profit and bought a new one have had no problems with either had my tapu on completion on both properties and not ripped of by anyone

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 18:14:32 PM »
get it right Keith it's Craftyanny:D

Offline elsa

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 20:24:39 PM »
Just posted on the mse forum.
It's really worrying reading all this stuff.
I am by no means considering a move to Turkey on a whim.
Been visiting here for 15 years and have made many friends and contacts of all nationalities.
I will tell you what I asked on the other forum.
We came to Uzumlu a couple of weeks ago. We decided to stay in the Fethiye region for old times sake, since we used to stay there a lot and then ended up visiting Kas and making lots of friends there.
Fethiye is busy, but still has a certain charm about it, Olu Deniz has lots it's appeal for us I'm afraid.
We came to Uzumlu because we had read about it a lot, and years ago, met a lady who had written a book, and she lived there, so the name just stuck with me.
We loved the feel of Uzumlu, it was pouring with rain and the smell from the pine trees in the rain was wonderful.
We met a couple who live there and love it, and we also have friends in Kas who have friends who live there and love it too.
We are not of retirement age, and would want to earn some sort of living there.
We know that we wouldn't be legally allowed to work, but having worked in the hotel business, we thought of opening a pansiyon, b&b for the folk that want to stay just a night or two in the village.
We thought that if we bought a Ltd. company and employed a Turkish person year round to work, with us in a supervisory role, we could overcome the issue of not being able to work in Turkey.
I am more than ready to be shot down in flames for my idea, that seems to be the way it goes when people ask questions regarding living in Turkey, but if anyone has any input I would really appreciate it.
Can things really be as bad as people say?
Really hope I have found the right place for some honest answers, and all will be taken on board.
Thanks so much in advance.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 20:42:59 PM »
I'd strongly suggest that people who totally slate a place based on factories that don't even exist show their total ignorance of the situation and should be totally ignored.

Sadly, many/most experiences of having business in Turkey are not good. People on this forum have had to close perfectly viable businesses due to red tape, jealousy and even a combination of the two. In day to day life Turkey is very welcoming and friendly - in business it can be brutal and rules bend to suit the links in the local network. Even Turkish people will tell you to watch all staff like a hawk if you want to see all your profit. You are right, you can buy a limited company and employ local people but that doesn't actually give you anything much, you still can't work - and believe me, if you have a full hotel and next door is empty, they WILL have seen you working, whether you have or not.

My advice (and as someone who had a business out there which ended with a gun being pressed into my face) is constant and has been for years - settle in the area, relax, lend nobody any money and enjoy RETIREMENT. If you need to work, don't go.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 20:43:17 PM »
I can't really help you with your questions but what I can say is that CBF is the most helpful & friendly forum giving simple advice (often conflicting but that's human nature) I've been lucky enough to find since I joined the internet many years ago.

I'm on an 8 month sabbatical in Calis, without CBF I would have not found my rental home, not made many new friends (in person as well as online) & saved an absolute fortune gaining insider knowledge from those who already live in this part of Turkey.

Good luck with your ideas, a lovely 1st post & hope you get the satisfaction you're looking for.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf