Author Topic: Ugly Cement Factory - Don't Buy in Uzumlu!  (Read 6546 times)

Offline elsa

Ugly Cement Factory - Don't Buy in Uzumlu!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 20:59:40 PM »
Thank you for your replies.
Scunner, does your post mean that there are more  B&b's in Uzumlu already?
The place we have been looking at has no near neighbours, so  do you really think that your experience would apply there?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 21:05:07 PM »
I have no idea if there are B&Bs in Uzumlu or not I'm afraid. Don't worry about having nobody nearby - jealousy travels well. I know I sound totally negative about your idea, that is because I am. If you have to follow your dream do it, it's your choice my friend - I hope it works out for you and if you think I or the forum could help, we always will and you'll have many people to turn to for advice.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 21:21:14 PM »
My short bit of advice to you is, if you need income to live here, make sure that it's earnt outside of Turkey. An internet based business with all monetary transactions through a UK bank is ideal.

Offline janmack

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 21:29:26 PM »
Just quickly scanned the thread on that forum....I am completely bemused by it all.  Utter nonsense[:(!]

Offline Firo

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:17 AM »
Elsa there is a B&B pension in Uzumlu owned by Turks . It is next door to the Grape Garden.

Offline suec

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 09:13:08 AM »
Biggest load of CR*P I have read for years.
Who ever wrote this article obviously has not been here, has listened to others and made their wrong opinions public. What a pr*t!!!!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
They're still at it this morning.  Some of them very obviously have a beef against this region and Turkey in general.

Offline peecee

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »
SueC, never thought I'd hear the word CR*P from you :o
I can't but help wondering if Pennyfarthings et al have been bitten by Turkish waiters/builders etc. etc and are just very bitter.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 10:51:52 AM »
oh dear !  I have been in bed for a week with flu and have logged on this morning and read the total and utter crap on the other forum.  I have laughed so much my ribs are now sore not just from coughing but from laughing.  Absolutely made me day !!!  I was almost tempted to register and add my pennys worth but simply wouldn't waste my breath.  Some priceless advice from some priceless pratts.  Wonderful entertainment.

There is no f*ing cement factory....and I know, cos I can see it from my verandah  ;):D: :):D !!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »
It does show how things can go without moderation and administration - there is next to none in evidence there but I assume they have a vast "active topics" list to try to oversee. Also it reminds me of the old school teacher adage that "empty vessels make the most noise". How shameful that someone saw that as the place to get some advice on moving to Turkey and ended up listening to the incessant bigoted rants of just a few sad individuals with an agenda of their own.

Even though one spoke of the "famous" cement factory, to the point that they knew it was "ugly" so must have seen it (!) they were not shamed into shutting up and bowing out - returning to describe a racist, aggressive post as "good advice". You only have to look at them all "thanking" each other's every post to see that they are nothing more than bullies, working with a pack mentality to rip others to shreds - with or without facts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf