Author Topic: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu  (Read 36858 times)

Offline Don

Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu
« on: October 26, 2014, 13:10:17 PM »
 Eddy from Eddies bar

Yes it was Eddy who attacked my daughter’s boyfriend.
I haven’t named and shamed until now as we had to go to Uzumlu in October. This was pre-booked before the incident and I didn’t want any repercussions.
We have heard that Eddy is already spreading lies about what happened and it seems some people are believing him and are still using the bar, this is their prerogative. Some are saying they live there all year round and they can’t boycott every business that has dodgy owners and also they don’t know us personally so it doesn’t affect them. It is up to the individual to do what they feel is right but whatever Eddy is saying I can say with hand on heart that it is all untrue.
Eddy has previous form and I am sure people who know what he has done can provide details of his previous misdemeanours. But this won’t be his last; sometime down the line he will do something else. Next time it could be you or your family so please be warned.

Offline RachaelP

• Newly Registered
Re: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 13:37:44 PM »
So sorry to hear of your daughter and her partner's experience. Regretfully people do these days seem to be motivated by self interest. Even when that is actually short sighted when anyone with a small amount of life experience should know that tolerating poor behaviour towards others eventually bites us all on the arse. You have done your best to do the right thing by warning people. Unfortunately they do seem to insist on ostrich behaviour to avoid a little personal inconvenience. Until it happens to them as well of course and then they are up in arms like now happened to them it is suddenly unacceptable.  People. That's why I work with animals...  :)

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 13:42:41 PM »
I can't understand why he isn't locked up. Obviously daddy is pulling some strings and greasing some palms. His violence seems to be escalating the more he gets away with it. He could end up murdering somebody.
Well done for having the courage to name and shame Don, hope your daughter and her boyfriend are ok.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 15:13:35 PM »
He will flip again, and these fickle people can't say they were not warned, Hope you and your family are ok.

Offline rusty

• Sunset Beach
  • Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 17:25:25 PM »
Thank you for having the courage to name & shame, now I know where to avoid visiting. Hope your family are doing ok now.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:46:58 AM »
Everyone who has been attacked by Eddi, reported and unreported incidents, drank in his bar.

If you are one of the people still frequenting this place, have a nice evening.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
Thank you for the information, Don.

I rarely visit Uzumlu but I will make sure that people are aware of the nature of this character.

It must be very unpleasant for the villagers to have such a blot on their landscape but if they have all the information and still make the wrong choice, then so be it.

Sometimes folk, when you smell smoke, there really is a fire.

Offline bluegypsylou

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 16:01:46 PM »
I am very sad indeed to view the Witch Hunt which is taking place in Uzumlu concerning my favourite bar.  I have lived in the area for many years and have enjoyed many good times there.

I would just like to say that if you witnessed this alleged attack you are then in a position to comment and, as we all know, there are always two sides to a story.  Here we have only heard one and some people, should they continue in this vein, may well find themselves in Court. 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 16:05:20 PM »
Methinks there's only one individual who should be in court over this sorry saga from that place known as El Dorzumlu (well, known by me that is!).

JF

Offline jsp51

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 17:01:19 PM »
I have watched this post and the original post (24 Sept) with interest. I do have to agree with bluegypsylou this has been very much a 1 sided thread.
I have been about Uzumlu for 9 years now, I drink where I want, when I want and with whom I want. I have used on a regular basis most bars and sometimes I have had a few more than I should have done however 
I have to say I never been verbally abused, clubbed over the head, stripped nearly naked or robbed.
If this sort of thing does go on, and I do think there may be a little dramatization in the original script then obviously that kind of behaviour is unacceptable.
But I find it very hard to contemplate that 2 people go out for an evening and are subject to violence for no reason, you have to ask yourself what went on. We heard in the original post that it was 3 in the morning, I would guess copious amounts of drink had been consumed, we heard that the boyfriend was getting stressed by something or other and that tensions were rising you have to ask what went on there?
I also fail to see anywhere in both threads that leads you, Don to say Eddy is spreading lies, how do you know he's lying. It could be your daughter not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I appreciate you will always take your family's word and I don't blame one bit for that, but who's version of events IS the truth, maybe the courts will decide if it goes that way.
A few days prior to this incident, allegedly your daughters boyfriend had been seen behaving in an aggressive manor towards several customers in the bar  accusing them of swapping his original designer sunglasses for a copy pair. If this is so, then maybe there is a little more that needs to be aired.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf