Author Topic: Kaftan Hotel, Istanbul  (Read 2851 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kaftan Hotel, Istanbul
« on: October 21, 2019, 15:01:31 PM »
Just got back from a 4 night stay at the Kaftan Hotel, Sultanahmet District, Istanbul.

Nice little hotel with about 20 rooms. It has a lift which was ideal for Mrs KKOB as she has reduced mobility these days.

The breakfast terrace has views across the Marmara to Asia and there are plenty of ships to watch if you're a 'spotter'. Breakfast was buffet style with the usual hot and cold dishes and plenty of fruit and bread etc.

A steady uphill walk of about 400 yards and you're at the entrance to Sultanahmet Camii / The Blue Mosque and a further 300 yards or so gets you to the M1 tramway. Although in the evenings you have to dodge the usual 'Yes please, yes please, use my restaurant' or 'can I interest you in a carpet' Mehmets.

We found a couple of very nice little restaurants down the hill, a little further away from the touristic area.

Definitely well worthwhile buying an Istanbulkart for 6TL and topping it up with about 50TL to cover trams, buses and boats. The Istanbulkart can be used by up to 5 people at any time. You can top-up cards at cornershops and machines at stations and ferry terminals. You can also by BIRgec cards at the machines which cover you for 1 journey.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Kaftan Hotel, Istanbul
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »
Sorry, the Tramway is the T1.

Senior moment.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf