Author Topic: knitted swimsuits and passionate people needed!  (Read 1009 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
knitted swimsuits and passionate people needed!
« on: July 30, 2009, 08:56:32 AM »
a bit of a long shot but here goes.....

my daughter is involved with the promotion and hopefully the future reopening of the Hilsea Lido in Portsmouth next year.

Shes planning an event In September to celebrate English Heritage weekend and has a team of youngsters currently trying to get the site looking presentable and is aiming to make it all as authentically 1930's as possible.

She's getting mannequins and has asked me to knit some 1930's swimsuits,if anyone has any patterns could they photocopy and email to me PLEASE !!!!  8)

They are also looking for artists and photographers and generally anyone with any passion or expertise - anyone any good at pipework?

Any memories, stories or photos would be most welcome, or indeed if anyone has any info about lidos in their own areas to share which could add weight to their belief that this project will work

Theres a group on Facebook if anyone is interested in knowing more or being involved in helping to save this fantastic piece of English history

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Portsmouth/Hilsea-Lido-Pool-for-the-People/97853561433?ref=ts#/pages/Portsmouth/Hilsea-Lido-Pool-for-the-People/97853561433

If you dont have Facebook contact me and I can pass your info to my daughter

Thank you! :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf