Author Topic: Turkish delight  (Read 2000 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Turkish delight
« on: May 25, 2015, 13:37:48 PM »
There is a very big shop on the road where the Aqua Park is (it is almost opposite the big hotel which I think is now called the Aries Hotel).It is a family run business of many years and they have relocated from Fethiye. The Turkish Delight is wonderful and both gluten free and gelatine free plus you can sample as you walk round to choose what you would like. They do also sell lots of interesting gifts and are expanding the upstairs of the huge shop with linens and some clothing. Honestly there is no comparison in taste to the market or shop boxed delight. It really is far superior and you can purchase as little as you want. Lovely family too so worth paying them a visit as it is only a short walk from the old Dolphin roundabout.

Offline marina

Re: Turkish delight
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 14:03:01 PM »
Thanks for this, not far from the Caretta where we'll be staying soon.  Always take some Turkish Delight back for mum who loves it.  Will give it a try and have a look at their other gifts too   :)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 15:50:55 PM »
We stay just around he corner from this shop, in fact we were there last year when it first opened.  There was a very lovely lady who offered samples of the various items including the delicious Turkish delight. I am very pleased to hear that they are still there and expanding and look forward to visiting the premises on my next visit.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 16:52:37 PM »
This is the shop that used to be near the B.P.Garage on the road to Fethiye.  It was the Turkish Delight Factory then. So, you could watch it being made and then buy some.  However, they make it in Ciflik now so I hear.  We would never buy from anywhere else.  Their's is the best and it is always so fresh.  Hate the stuff that sits in gift shops for weeks and weeks.  Or the prepacked boxes that you think are full of Turkish Delight, but they are not. 
It is always our last stop before we return home so we can get some in the suitcases.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf