Author Topic: Price of a cup of coffee - another moan up brought to u by UBT  (Read 6269 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Price of a cup of coffee - another moan up brought to u by UBT
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »
OK to begin with I need you all to understand that I do not normally frequent shopping centres (deffo not malls anyway), but sometimes needs must where the devil drives as I needed a new range extender ... so that explains why I was there as I do not want people to think that I have lost, or even softened, my edge  ;)

So yesterday whilst in the Erasmus centre I thought I'd have a nice cup of coffee in the coffee shop, rather than my usual cay in the cheap shops!!  So I chose here

I ordered me a cup of cinno with a slug of vanilla sugar juice.  And to my surprise they served me this

Now the coffee was good, but let us say there was not a lot of it to be had from a cup and saucer that must have seen previous service in a dolls house.  To give you some idea of size of the cup I helpfully placed my front door key next to the cup and saucer so you can judge how tiny it was.  So one I had taken to two sips of the coffee all that was left was the frothy foam.  Now I was a very big drinker of good coffee, particularly when working in London - I knew all the best italian sandwich and coffee bars - but never came across anything this small, unless they was serving an expresso.

And for this very ... very .. limited pleasure they charged me 8.5tl.  Needless to say I will not be going again anytime soon.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Price of a cup of coffee - another moan up brought to u by UBT
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 10:20:45 AM »
Seeing the key on the table I thought you'd taken your moped to a swinger's meeting in the hope of getting something a bit more upmarket.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 10:28:02 AM »
Best you get back to the 3TL cup of instant made with UHT milk and Bim coffee powder UBT

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »
Best you get back to the 3TL cup of instant made with UHT milk and Bim coffee powder UBT
Or better still the belesh 'all you can drink' Cay offer at the Gar!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:58:23 AM »
Is UHT a relative of yours?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »
Ridiculous! That cup is way too big. This is the appropriate size - as demonstrated by my jolly little coffee can.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 11:08:50 AM »
Well, it just goes to show how this forum has deteriorated when we have 2 old men comparing the size of their cups on a Sunday morning.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 11:25:44 AM »
I was thinking how it was good to get back to proper debate  :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 12:50:21 PM »

Many years ago on our first visit to Turkey we paid our first visit to the Tuesday Market, and our first purchase was two cays,

as we wanted to try something Turkish. We sat down at the first eating establishment on the right as you enter from the

main road. The grinning lady bought us our cays and charged us 20 TL. (we were green). A lovely English lady sitting nearby

came over and told us we had been ripped off, called the grinning lady back, gave her a right mouthful in Turkish , which stopped

the lady from grinning, and we were refunded 17 TL. Lesson learned, and the former grinning lady still gives me a dirty look as I

walk past grinning and shaking my head at their invitation to dine.  And they think they are clever.

Offline davybill

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 08:12:33 AM »
Did you get your chocolate spoon with it USB.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf