Author Topic: Onur Air flight cancellation  (Read 4989 times)

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 13:07:02 PM »
We decided this year after three years of good flights changing to bad to not buy Onur Air flights again.  We have been told a number of times that our flight was changing only to find the original flight we booked was still flying.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Onur Air flight cancellation
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 13:12:42 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by HappyMonday

We decided this year after three years of good flights changing to bad to not buy Onur Air flights again.  We have been told a number of times that our flight was changing only to find the original flight we booked was still flying.

Makes you wonder if they think they can get more for your seat if you have booked in advance and got good flight times. Tell you it's cancelled and move you onto a flight with worse times and then re-sell your seat at a higher price.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 18:03:13 PM »
We think that they do this as we have twice seen mid afternoon flights still running after we have been moved to middle of the night ones

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 22:12:43 PM »
Any new members might not know that Stoop has an almost personal vendetta against Onur/Aegean airways. We have used them from Manchester twice a year for the past five years without a problem. For God's sake Man. you are getting to be like a stuck record, you never fly with this company so leave it to those that do to.

Offline booo

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 06:03:42 AM »
I dont mind Onur Air, have flown with them quite a few times but will never again due to the fact that they charge £50 for an infant rather than the £20 that almost all other companies charge

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »
My sister flew in April with Monarch, 4 hour delay back to Gatwick.
She came last week with Onur, extra leg room and spot on timings.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 07:42:33 AM »
I dont think Stoop is the only one with this problem.  After flying with them for about 6 years we have now decided that enough is enough.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:48 PM »
Rimms - I am only stating what I believe to be the answer as to why Onur seem to cancel so many flights that then mysteriously still seem to actually fly. If it's not for money then please enlighten us all.

If you had been keeping up you will realise that we actually flew with them last year and that I stated the flight wasn't bad at all. However, due to the fact that so many people appear to have their flights changed/cancelled at the last minute we have decided not to risk using them again as we both work and cannot chop and change the days we fly.

You might also wish to note that:

1. I didn't start this topic.
2. There are many people stating the same thing about Onur changing flights.
3. As far as I know this is still a forum for people to express their opinions.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:05:35 PM by stoop »

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 14:15:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Rimms - I am only stating what I believe to be the answer as to why Onur seem to cancel so many flights that then mysteriously still seem to actually fly. If it's not for money then please enlighten us all.

If you had been keeping up you will realise that we actually flew with them last year and that I stated the flight wasn't bad at all. However, due to the fact that so many people appear to have their flights changed/cancelled at the last minute we have decided not to risk using them again as we both work and cannot chop and change the days we fly.

You might also wish to note that:

1. I didn't start this topic.
2. There are many people stating the same thing about Onur changing flights.
3. As far as I know this is still a forum for people to express their opinions.

Thats better Stu ,you were in danger of losing your Victor Meldrew crown to Des.:D

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 14:18:09 PM by ronzeus »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 15:11:18 PM »
I am with Stoop on this one, only used them once, that was enough after standing at the Dalaman with no flight on the notice board and then being told it was cancelled, but don't worry there is another one in four days.  We both decided we never wanted that experience again.  The guy I felt most sorry for was the young Oil Worker who was due out on the rig the next day to relieve his back to back, he was frantic and was really scared he was going to loose his job.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf