Author Topic: Take Your Seat At easyJet  (Read 1643 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Take Your Seat At easyJet
« on: September 05, 2012, 23:49:53 PM »
From November EJ are stopping the free for all for seats and allowing the option of pre booking or allocate seat at check in.

Offline patrice

Re: Take Your Seat At easyJet
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »
Good to hear
We stopped using EJ because of the mad scrample everyone pushing and shoving. I wonder what they will charge though????

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 08:05:07 AM »
£3 per seat to pre-book/choose your seat (not extra legroom ones which are more). If you don't pre-book, you aren't back in the scrum, a seat is allocated for you - you just don't choose it.

Good news I think, and nowhere more than at Dalaman where boarding on Easyjet is chaotic.

Offline patrice

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »
Thats great Monarch charge £5.99 to pre-book

Offline Christie

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »
Agree this will be better - it is ok at Stansted - nice orderly queue behind the signs, but at Dalaman - absolute chaos.  We go to Spain in November with Easyjet but haven't heard about this new system yet. 

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 20:54:23 PM »
I will be welcoming this have had quite a few run ins with people, one was because I would not get up out of an aisle seat on landing (I couldn't purely becos there was no where to go the aisle was packed,) this woman started having a go at me saying it was my duty as I had chosen an "aisle" seat to get up first and let others out  :)Another time hubby and I both wanted an aisle seat we are not bothered about sitting together and someone wanted his aisle seat to sit with his fellow travellers and did not seem too pleased when hubby said no he was not going to move, really if the three wanted to sit together they should have got in the "scrum" earlier   :)

Offline cheers

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 22:39:29 PM »
Never had a problem flying EJ!  I just get my elbows out and nobody gets past me!    ;)

Only ever had a problem once and that was flying back from the US (not with EJ of course).  An ethnic person wanted my Mum to change seats with his daughter who was sat at the back of the plane??  After all his moaning and complaining the stewardess told him to 'Sit down'.  We were oblivious to the problem of course.   ;D ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf